Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
- Joined Feb 18, 2015
This was my first SD bread loaf that was not a Boule. Honestly, it was much easier - or I have maded enough Boule's that this seems easier. either way here is the end product and some verbals on the process:
- 100g Starter
- 350g water
- 500g flour
- 10g salt
- Mix water, starter, and salt. Add flour.
- Autolyse at room temp about 1 hour
- Lift and fold
- 20-25 the first time
- 2-4 more lift and fold sessions 30-60 minutes apart
- Bulk fermentation at room temp
- @68 degrees this is overnight and into next day @24 hours
- removed from bowl and folded "sides" to make a squarish loaf and stretched into a 10x5 buttered loaf pan.
- leave a RT till it rises to the top of the pan @5 hours.
- Bake 425 for 20 then drop to 375 for 25 more.
- cool and hour and dig in! I also rubbed butter on the top while it was hot