First smoked turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtyruss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
San Marcos
Alrighty, it's 5:30am time to get her fired up for her first turkey.

Attachments

• 20171123_053803.jpg
    20171123_053803.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: tallbm
Just after 6 and into the vertical she goes. Starting with apple and gonna transition to hickory.

Attachments

• 20171123_061044.jpg
    20171123_061044.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 84
I plan to fire up the offset to smoke some more dried peppers first, then keep it ticking over to smoke a turkey breast.

Let us know how your bird turns out!

Man you guys have got an early start! I'm still trying to get some coffee down. I'm about to fire up the joe and get Rollin. HappyThanksgiving!

Mine turned out delicious. Did an apple cider brine for 24 hrs before smoking. The white meat was a tad dry, but had to foil and put in cooler for 3 hrs before carving so I'm thinking it continued to cook for a while.

Yeah they will continue to cook. I pulled mine out at 160 degrees tented it with foil and it climbed all the way 177 degrees just sitting on the counter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky