first smoked ribs with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dodgefan67

Original poster
May 4, 2011
Kannapolis, NC
ok everyone, got some ribs for memorial day weekend, i know that was last week, been busy LOL

anyway, they were about 2-3 pounds each so i adjusted the smoking times to 2.5-1-.5 hours (smoke-foil-naked)

i probably didnt have enough fire going and i had to adjust where i put my wood chip box to get more smoke, but it turned out ok and the wife and i loved them!!

here's some pics

fc961ad5_HPIM2981.jpg

788201ec_HPIM2985.jpg

7af50450_HPIM2987.jpg

332915b3_HPIM2990.jpg

ea624422_HPIM2992.jpg

thanks everyone, honest, never done ribs before, even just grilled, and they were awesome! the last 30 minutes i put on a little john-boy and billy's grillin sauce!!

Bah, they didn't believe it was my first time either. See, the guys don't seem to realize that they give such good advice that us noobs end up turning out near perfection the first go around.
first.gif

Your ribs look amazing! I think this weekend I need to fire another rack and make up some KFC style slaw to go with.

Great Job there Dodgefan!!!

And nice BearView of a good looking plate of food too !!!!

Thanks,

Bear

Bah, they didn't believe it was my first time either. See, the guys don't seem to realize that they give such good advice that us noobs end up turning out near perfection the first go around.
first.gif

Your ribs look amazing! I think this weekend I need to fire another rack and make up some KFC style slaw to go with.
love KFC slaw, and Chick-Fil-A's best out there!!

Great Job there Dodgefan!!!

And nice BearView of a good looking plate of food too !!!!

Thanks,

Bear
BearView, thats funny!! and yeah it was good!

Nice 1st time ribs. Great looking plate. What kind of wood did you smoke with? How's the JB&B grillin sauce? I never tried it. Here about it enough on the radio.
its pretty good, i got the sweet-n-mild kind, im a wuss, cant take the heat. seriously, too much ketchup can make me sweat LMAO!!

it is better for grillin and not so much for dippin afterwards, its not very thick

When people taste your creations and they love it, when they ask," Was it difficult?", say to them: "Welllll...., the process isn't difficult but the fine details need to be followed. May I show you the process?" Suddenly, you are not only a master but you are so confident that you are willing to share your "secret" process. Humility and the willingness to share mark a true master; i.e. this web site. Herein, the masters share and thereby their expertise is both increased and reinforced.  Motivation generates more creation.

Now where was i? Oh yes, I'm hungry.  

great looking ribs dodgefan.......
icon14.gif

Oh by the way heres my love....

d256ad1f_0A.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky