first smoked ribs with Q-view

Discussion in 'Pork' started by dodgefan67, Jun 5, 2011.

1. ok everyone, got some ribs for memorial day weekend, i know that was last week, been busy LOL

anyway, they were about 2-3 pounds each so i adjusted the smoking times to 2.5-1-.5 hours (smoke-foil-naked)

i probably didnt have enough fire going and i had to adjust where i put my wood chip box to get more smoke, but it turned out ok and the wife and i loved them!!

here's some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks like they were perfect!  Nice job, especially for the first round!  Bet it won't be the last!

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Awesome ribs! Great looking meal!   [​IMG]

4. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NICE!!

5. fliptetlow

fliptetlow Smoke Blower

Wow, very nice job for your first time. Job well done. [​IMG]

6. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Cograts on your first "smoked" ribs.

It looks like you've done them before, just not smoked. Yhey look too perfect.

Nice job 

[​IMG]

7. thanks everyone, honest, never done ribs before, even just grilled, and they were awesome! the last 30 minutes i put on a little john-boy and billy's grillin sauce!!

8. Bah, they didn't believe it was my first time either. See, the guys don't seem to realize that they give such good advice that us noobs end up turning out near perfection the first go around. [​IMG]

Your ribs look amazing! I think this weekend I need to fire another rack and make up some KFC style slaw to go with.

9. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Job there Dodgefan!!!

And nice BearView of a good looking plate of food too !!!!

Thanks,

Bear

10. Nice 1st time ribs. Great looking plate. What kind of wood did you smoke with? How's the JB&B grillin sauce? I never tried it. Here about it enough on the radio.

11. love KFC slaw, and Chick-Fil-A's best out there!!

BearView, thats funny!! and yeah it was good!

its pretty good, i got the sweet-n-mild kind, im a wuss, cant take the heat. seriously, too much ketchup can make me sweat LMAO!!

it is better for grillin and not so much for dippin afterwards, its not very thick

12. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking very delicious!!

Craig

13. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

14. Looking good from here

15. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

They look great and I know that you were proud of them...Nice plate...

16. happy2meatu

happy2meatu Fire Starter

Looks delicious. What was the internal temp when you pulled them?

17. ugaboz

ugaboz Smoking Fanatic

looks great

18. tommerr

tommerr Fire Starter

When people taste your creations and they love it, when they ask," Was it difficult?", say to them: "Welllll...., the process isn't difficult but the fine details need to be followed. May I show you the process?" Suddenly, you are not only a master but you are so confident that you are willing to share your "secret" process. Humility and the willingness to share mark a true master; i.e. this web site. Herein, the masters share and thereby their expertise is both increased and reinforced.  Motivation generates more creation.

Now where was i? Oh yes, I'm hungry.  

19. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

great looking ribs dodgefan.......[​IMG]

Oh by the way heres my love....

[​IMG]

20. smokey mo

smokey mo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Those look fantastic!  I am hoping it will be dry enough to smoke this weekend.  Those looked great. Well done.