First smoke on my "new" Assassin 72

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlozo21

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
Greetings and happy 4th of July weekend!!

I have been researching smokers for a long time now and was fortunate enough to find a used Assassin 72" grill/smoker that wasn't too far away. I've grilled on it a few times and it's been a champ. Today was the day when I could finally try smoking on it, and boy it didn't disappoint!

I started off the day with chicken leg quarters. When those came off at lunch time, I threw on two racks of baby backs and followed those up with pork belly burnt ends, beans, and taters. Everything was edible and actually quite good for my first time with ribs. I didn't take any prep or cook pics, I'll be better about that next time. Just wanted to share my excitement and first success! Have a safe and fun filled weekend with your friends and families!

John

Attachments

• image000000_6.jpg
    image000000_6.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image000000_5.jpg
    image000000_5.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: lvrgsp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky