First smoke in new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

omartentmaker

Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
SouthEast Oklahoma
Today I am smoking two racks of Pork Ribs.

I rubbed them down and let it sit in for 24 hours with my rub. I utilized EVO as my oil for the rub.  I am smoking these at 250 using a mixture of mesquite and hickory. I am spraying them down every 45 minutes with a mixture of beer, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. I have not decided yet if I am going to wrap for the last bit or leave open.

Here are some progress pics

Wrapping them will give them a fall-off-the-bone tenderness some people like, whereas leaving them open will give the outside a slight crispiness. Since you have been spritzing them, they may be tender enough to leave open, but it's up to what you want.

If you have mulitple racks, maybe foil some, but not others and see which turns out better for you? Just a thought.

Reactions: omartentmaker
MY T FINE looken ribs.
icon14.gif

david

Reactions: omartentmaker
 Nice pit and very nice looking ribs!!!  Never used beer in a spritz before.  Would like to try that sometimes.  I use apple juice, apple cider vinegar and scotch or whiskey.  I like the smokiness of the scotch. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky