First round with a loaded pizza in the Ooni.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
This was a practice run using the Ooni for a loaded pizza. I have only been making thin crust with only a couple toppings to date.
Only have a finished shot. Long day at work, Ann thought I was nuts!
I ran the oven to 950 degrees. And put the pizza in. Gave it a 45 second count and dropped the flame to about med/low.
In 5 minutes it was done.

P8230061.JPG

Pepperoni, mushroom, sausage, black olives, homemade pickled jalapenos, onions, on store bought pizza dough. Pizza was great! Dough nice and crisp. Pizza was done. Though I didn't get the pepperoni to cup. I should have went a touch longer at 950 to get the toppings browned a little more. This was a great test, and a great dinner.

This was a practice run using the Ooni for a loaded pizza. I have only been making thin crust with only a couple toppings to date.
Only have a finished shot. Long day at work, Ann thought I was nuts!
I ran the oven to 950 degrees. And put the pizza in. Gave it a 45 second count and dropped the flame to about med/low.
In 5 minutes it was done.

View attachment 508695

Pepperoni, mushroom, sausage, black olives, homemade pickled jalapenos, onions, on store bought pizza dough. Pizza was great! Dough nice and crisp. Pizza was done. Though I didn't get the pepperoni to cup. I should have went a touch longer at 950 to get the toppings browned a little more. This was a great test, and a great dinner.
That looks awesome, Steve, not all pepperoni is created equal, some of it just won't cup.
Your pie sure looks good, I need to start making pies again, I got burnt out and took a break again.
I need to cut it back to making pizza every other Friday instead of weekly. Although, I could eat pizza twice a week no problem at all.

I still haven't picked up an Ooni yet, I'll find a used 16" er this winter .

Reactions: negolien
That looks awesome, Steve, not all pepperoni is created equal, some of it just won't cup.
Your pie sure looks good, I need to start making pies again, I got burnt out and took a break again.
I need to cut it back to making pizza every other Friday instead of weekly. Although, I could eat pizza twice a week no problem at all.

I still haven't picked up an Ooni yet, I'll find a used 16" er this winter .

Thank you! I didn't think this pepperoni would cup. It was a larger diameter. I get good cup on smaller diameter, drier sticks that I cut by hand. I hope you find a used one. They are really good ovens.

Reactions: forktender
Looks pretty good to me great job.

Looks great Steve. You're getting that Ooni dialed in perfectly. Great job.

That pizza looks great. I'm a Garbage Pie guy myself, even Anchovy, though I've never tried Pineapple on pizza...JJ

That looks amazing!! How do you like the Ooni? I've been looking at the pellet one for a few months and trying to convince myself that I "need" it. Pizza on the pellet smoker is pretty darn good so I was thinking a pizza oven that uses pellets sounds like it would be the best of both worlds.

Gorgeous looking pie Steve, I like them loaded to the max. Done in five minutes, I'm going to have to check it out, looks too good to pass on. RAY

Awesome Looking Pizza!!
Doggone it Steve, You sure can load a Pizza---Love it !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky