• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First reverse flow smoker build - may have some questions

AllTuckerdOut

Smoke Blower
Joined May 1, 2019
I just looked... You have your FB set up nice.... I ran the numbers and it looks like a 10" exhaust stack ~34" above the CC would be a good choice...
Are you letting the smoker warm up to even out the temps ???
There is a lot of steel there to warm up...
Fire that beast up and run it with the upper air inlet 3/4 open... see what happens and adjust from there....

Yeah I let it warm up gradually. What I actually did was put in 6 pans for water and the temps stayed +/- 2 degree on each side.

thanks for the info!

AllTuckerdOut

Smoke Blower
Joined May 1, 2019
You can also control air flow by adjusting the trailer tongue. Start off level for a while. Dip the trailer down a bit, this will cause flow to slow. Raise tongue above level, this aids in flow. It doesn't take very much movement to see a difference.

RG
I’ll have to try that

AllTuckerdOut

Smoke Blower
Joined May 1, 2019
This is slightly off-topic but how do you like that Vulcan welder? I've been looking at the multi-process model.
mob it’s awesome. It’s a Vulcan 220. I’ve never hit the duty cycle on it. I’ve done 6’ welds and I’m a slow welder haha.

I did have one issue with it, I think something happened in the power cord for the 220. It stopped working. I just took it back to harbor freight and said it wasn’t working, they just swapped the whole welder because it was under the 1 yr satisfaction guarantee

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks