First long SV cook , Chuck roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Bought a 3 lb. chuck , was gonna smoke it , but decided to SV . Used Bears time and temp . 133f for 21 hours .
20171207_164620.jpg
I seasoned with Freddy's steak burger seasoning and vac'd it overnight .
20171207_164845.jpg
I use an old brine bucket my Dad had . Wrapped it up to help the temp.
20171208_224853.jpg
21 hours and out of the bath , saved the liquid but didn't use it .
20171209_180723.jpg
Used the Genesis 310 to char it up . did ok , needed to be hotter . 25 degrees outside . Grill didn't want to keep up .
20171209_181617.jpg
Sliced ,,,
20171209_181731.jpg
Supper ,,,
20171209_182627.jpg
Sour cream and butter in the mash taters . Green beans are a steamer bag , but I've been simmering bacon in Lipton beefy onion soup , steam the beans then add to the soup . Great flavor .

I'm trying to find words for the chuck . Poor mans rib roast keeps coming to mind . I figured this was going to be good , I did not expect it to be ,,, so much like a rib roast . It was so good . Tender , flavor , texture . I love some crock pot chuck ,, but man I'm just totally surprised how this came out . Bear thx for the leg work on the time and temp .
If you have a SV and have not tried this , you should .

Chop

chop,do you work at a salon?...excellent wrap job on the brine bucket.The reason I ask is Beatrice's cousin Bernice is interested.
Oh,nice job on the Chuckie! ;)

Looks nice and juicy. SV is on the toy list...JJ

Thanks for looking and the comments . Had left overs today , horseradish and au jus . So good

Sorry I missed this, Chop!!!:mad:
I miss so many good ones!!:(
That's Beautiful, and a Nice Plate too!!!:)---Like.
Those Chucks done SV are so much better than anyone would guess!!:)

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky