First kinda real smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roddy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Hamilton (Mercer) NJ.
First time smoke other then some testing with summer sausage with my Masterbuilt 2 dr. propane.

Well the temps hold pretty well but I found out my temp gauge is on the low side.

I tried a pastrami. Everything was pretty much ok but the wood chip situation was a mess. Set at 225 the chips did not flare up but only lasted about 30mins or maybe they did. I did my reading and had the water pan foiled and the chip tray well foiled. Soaking the chips did help but very little. I'm open for some mods to that situation but I'm going with the tube pellet idea. The meat looks good and shes ready to come off in a bit. i also ordered the Mav. et-732. Overall I'm just disappointed in the way the wod chips burn.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky