First item onto the charcoal side of the Duo

Discussion in 'Beef' started by pdxgriller, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Putting the Charcoal side to work today.  Running a top round beef roast on it.

Should be interesting.  Looking for a 135-140 internal with a little bit of a smoke ring on it.  

Will post pics if I have anything worthwhile to share after this first attempt.

2. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sounds good

we'll be waiting to see the results

[​IMG]

3. Ok, so after it was all said and done, it was not too shabby for a first try.   Still learning how to control heat and recognize that I need a handful of mods which certainly must include the addition of a side firebox.

The Top Round ended up tasking pretty good overall.  There were a few places that got a little dry but other spots were really fantastic.

[​IMG]

On the grill, temp climbed real fast near the end and finished at 153 internal.

After letting it rest about 30 minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally here is the sliced product.  I have secured a commercial slicer, but awaiting on the seller to deliver it to me.

[​IMG]

So overall, I would do it again.  Need to make some adjustments to the process, the marinade and the grill but the family enjoyed it and I have plenty of meat for sandwiches this week.

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks delicious! Ought to make some great sammies!

5. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

O BOY it looks good