• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Fatty

theracenut

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 29, 2010
More firsts for me today. Smoked a fatty...a first. Used the MES 40 with heat .....another first. The Fatty turned out great. Used JD sausage added some cheese, onions, mushrooms and eggs. The family enjoyed it, and said we for sure need to have these often.

Started with the gallon bag and used a glass to roll it out even.

Next went on the cheese....I wish I would have used more cheese...but its all about learning.

Next was the cooked egg,s mushrooms and onions

Wrapped in Bacon

Smoked and ready for slicing

This is the inside....mmmmmm

Add some Buttermilk Skillet biscuit and Breakfast is served.

If anyone believes they can't do this, you are wrong. All I did was read read read and I was able to make a fatty...I learned how to smoked cheese. I have learned SOOOOOO much just reading here. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Well done!! Glad to see your learning so much & putting it to use!! Thanks for the qview too

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Good lookin fatty!!!! Looks like a great breakfast! I'm with you on reading,the more ya read on what your planing on doing the easier it is and you will get a better end product for sure.Now on to the next......

theracenut

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 29, 2010
Thanks.....Reading is the trick thats for sure. Next?? Tomorrow it will be the Chicken Cordon Bleu that I saw on here. That looks sooo good. My list seems to be getting longer instead of shorter the more I read.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job! What's your next project?

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
great looking fattie. I can almost smell it from here

bodyman

Joined Dec 11, 2010
That looks fantastic! How long did it take to smoke that? Im new on here so just checking out what the fatty was.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Good looking fattie you have there. I would encourage you to throw on a naked fattie once- just cut the sausage out if it's package and throw it on the smoker.  You can rub it with your favorite rub if you like but we like them plain. We wil eat it with biscuits and eggs, put it in chili or beans... simple and delicious... yum....

Last edited:

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Who does not like a fattie yours looks very good

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Great job!!
You did real good - Like Ellie said, you really need to try just throwing some sausage in the smoker sometime - I really like to use apple with mine

theracenut

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 29, 2010
Bodyman....it took about 3 hours at 225 to get it to 165 internal. Do a search and you will find all you need to do it just like that. You will be Smoking a fatty in no time.

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 18, 2009
wow, first fatty?  outstanding job!

i've never tried a breakfast fatty, or even a slice of fatty with breakfast.  sounds excellent, though!

i still haven't tried ellymae's suggestion of smoking an unaltered chub yet either, but i definitely plan on trying that on my next smoke.  it's so simple!

bamaboy

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 26, 2010
Awesome job.very nice weave,have not tried eggs in a fatty yet,my first was spinach and provalone.it was very good.but my girls like the pizza fatty the best.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
Great looking fatty!! Can't wait for the snowstorms to be done so I can make some myself. Bravo on the Q-view

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.