First Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theracenut

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Lexington SC
More firsts for me today. Smoked a fatty...a first. Used the MES 40 with heat .....another first. The Fatty turned out great. Used JD sausage added some cheese, onions, mushrooms and eggs. The family enjoyed it, and said we for sure need to have these often.

Started with the gallon bag and used a glass to roll it out even.

e4dfbd42_100_0285.jpg

Next went on the cheese....I wish I would have used more cheese...but its all about learning.

2f5e4b3e_100_0286.jpg

Next was the cooked egg,s mushrooms and onions

e10ff916_100_0287.jpg

Wrapped in Bacon

ac7ef96e_100_0288.jpg

Smoked and ready for slicing

5afa02fb_100_0289.jpg

This is the inside....mmmmmm

2c2e4c2a_100_0290.jpg

Add some Buttermilk Skillet biscuit and Breakfast is served.

e94d2206_100_0291.jpg

If anyone believes they can't do this, you are wrong. All I did was read read read and I was able to make a fatty...I learned how to smoked cheese. I have learned SOOOOOO much just reading here. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum.

Good lookin fatty!!!! Looks like a great breakfast! I'm with you on reading,the more ya read on what your planing on doing the easier it is and you will get a better end product for sure.Now on to the next......

Thanks.....Reading is the trick thats for sure. Next?? Tomorrow it will be the Chicken Cordon Bleu that I saw on here. That looks sooo good. My list seems to be getting longer instead of shorter the more I read.

Last edited:
great looking fattie. I can almost smell it from here

Good looking fattie you have there. I would encourage you to throw on a naked fattie once- just cut the sausage out if it's package and throw it on the smoker.  You can rub it with your favorite rub if you like but we like them plain. We wil eat it with biscuits and eggs, put it in chili or beans... simple and delicious... yum....

Last edited:
Great job!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
You did real good - Like Ellie said, you really need to try just throwing some sausage in the smoker sometime - I really like to use apple with mine

Bodyman....it took about 3 hours at 225 to get it to 165 internal. Do a search and you will find all you need to do it just like that. You will be Smoking a fatty in no time.

wow, first fatty?  outstanding job!

i've never tried a breakfast fatty, or even a slice of fatty with breakfast.  sounds excellent, though!

i still haven't tried ellymae's suggestion of smoking an unaltered chub yet either, but i definitely plan on trying that on my next smoke.  it's so simple!

Awesome job.very nice weave,have not tried eggs in a fatty yet,my first was spinach and provalone.it was very good.but my girls like the pizza fatty the best.
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky