First fatties and done on a gas grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
I found the Fatties while checking out the Canadian Bacon and just couldn't stand it because they looked so mouthwatering.

I made two and a pan of stuffed bell peppers for elk hunting camp as a surprise. Didn't have a smoker so I improvised and smoked them on my gas grill with charcoal and apple wood. They were a huge hit needless to say and I now have a Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smokehouse thanks to my other half!

I only have a few photos cause I had to take them with my phone.

Fattie on the left is Ground Chuck rolled around A1 sauce, cheddar cheese and bacon

Fattie on the right is Bob Evans Sage Sausage rolled around scrambled eggs, gouda cheese and bacon  

58f66b87_100_2154.jpg

Here's the finished products. Breakfast one on the left this time and Cheeseburger on the right.

a48d1b64_100_2156.jpg

I sliced them at hunting camp and warmed them up on the grill. 6 guys went ape over these!

Thanks to all for the tips and inspiration!

Alesia

icon_cool.gif

Now those are some mighty fine looking fatties there Alesia.

Thanks for all the great encouraging comments-I'll definitely be making more.

I did find a blurry pic of one slice I took with my phone camera but I can't get any photos to upload. I'll try again later.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky