First Fattie Attempt....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michfish30

Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Utah
I had never even heard of fatties until I got a smoker and found these forums.....

Here is my first attempt - - 2 fillings:  2 with Ham, Cheese, Potatoes.  2 with Hamburger, Greenbeans and Rice mixed with Cream of Mushroom soup.

a20921e2_BaconWeave.jpg

d8ad8d8c_FattiesReadyforSmoker.jpg

2800be2b_FattiesintotheSmoker.jpg

Looks great I like that diagonal bacon weave

Very nice looking fattie - what a great looking weave - congrats

I had never even heard of fatties until I got a smoker and found these forums.....

Here is my first attempt - - 2 fillings:  2 with Ham, Cheese, Potatoes.  2 with Hamburger, Greenbeans and Rice mixed with Cream of Mushroom soup.

a20921e2_BaconWeave.jpg

d8ad8d8c_FattiesReadyforSmoker.jpg

2800be2b_FattiesintotheSmoker.jpg
Ahhh...sneakin' the veggis in on some poor unsuspecting people!  Niiice! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks really good so far! I too am a fan of the diagonal bacon weave. It seems to spread out and lay a little flatter..

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now thoses are some mighty fine looking fatties. Did you use think cut bacon??? Now I would really like to see the finished maybe sliced Q too. But the insides does sound good thou.

Sorry!   The post did some strange things when I started it - said a moderator had to approve it - then I watched and never saw it go up!  Then today - I see it!    Here is the end results.....

Learned that I need to make the outside much thinner - more stuffing!

No - I didn't use thick bacon.

d2eb865f_FirstFatties.jpg

22185557_FirstFatties2.jpg

From the look of the fatties, you are on your way to being a pro!

Mr Mac, the veggie comment is just down right funny.

Michfish,

The pics loaded funny on my end, maybe the mod approval was because of the way you posted the last set of pics.

The first set came up fine.

Very nice job. Keep up the good work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky