First Cook On Mini WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW!!!  

drool.gif

That looks amazing!

Nicely done!

Bill

Man that looks great, wish I had some

Gary

so give us your thoughts on the mini wsm..how's it hold temps..what temp did you set at?  How much charcoal did it consume?

It's almost set it and forget it in mine once I get to the temp I want to be at. The longest I went on a single load was 7 hours. I've been using mine for over a year now and live it. Nite that the 7 hour cook was middle if winter and only 33* outside.

Just like dirtsailor2003 said lite it and forget it. I loaded the mini wsm with charcoal and use the minion method, about 12 hot charcoals. Top vent open and adjust bottom vents until temp settled at around 265F. The temp remained stable thru out the entire cook of about 3 hours and 40 minutes. I was really satisfied with the mini wsm performance an especially the amount of charcoal used. It Is very efficient and I will definitely be using it on other cooks.

BBQ Train

Beautiful looking roast!! I remember when my mini was all bright and shiny. Seems like only yesterday....

If you haven't already made a charcoal basket, it's a good addition to the mini. On mine anyway it provides a more even burn and it'll go longer on less fuel. It'll also let it get to a higher temp if that's what I need.

Congrats on a great first smoke on your new smoker!!

Beautiful looking roast!! I remember when my mini was all bright and shiny. Seems like only yesterday....

If you haven't already made a charcoal basket, it's a good addition to the mini. On mine anyway it provides a more even burn and it'll go longer on less fuel. It'll also let it get to a higher temp if that's what I need.

Congrats on a great first smoke on your new smoker!!
I'll second that! Really simple to wire one together using the charcoal grate and some expended. Or weld it together.

Welded

Version #1. Wire tied together (still after a full year working just fine!).

very nice....Well I decided to pull the trigger (on building a mini wsm)...I saw the ones for sale, and can't see paying that much for one. After all, I have a smokey joe gold edition sitting here gather dust in my garage..so I have already ordered the 32qt stock pot, an extra grill rack, and stuff, and will be stopping by the local DIY store to get the stuff to build/weld together the charcoal basket.  I am figured for about $55 or so, I'll have my own new little "mini wsm"

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky