First Chickens W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Moses Lake, Washington
I decided to smoke a couple of whole chickens & some brussel sprouts for my wife for her birthday. I used Tip's brine & basted with a rasberry, honey & apple cider mix. The brussel sprouts were parboiled then put in open foil with butter & Paula Deans house seasoning. I left the sprouts open for an hour then wrapped tight in foil & left for 45 more minutes. The chicken & sprouts came out gerat, very few leftoves. Sorry, no money shot but they were nice & moist and very good, my son said the skin was like eating candy
icon_biggrin.gif

eef17b3a_Chicken12-4-10.jpg

tbakko,

Great looking birds---perfect color!

Your son knows what the best part is !

Thanks for showing,

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Now the birds look awesome and I would really like to see the sprouts I love those things. Maybe fried up with some bacon and the bacon grease too.

Man those birds turned out great. You can keep the brussel sprouts to yourself - I cant stand the dang things

Your son is right on the money with the skin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky