• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Chickens W/Qview

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 3, 2010
I decided to smoke a couple of whole chickens & some brussel sprouts for my wife for her birthday. I used Tip's brine & basted with a rasberry, honey & apple cider mix. The brussel sprouts were parboiled then put in open foil with butter & Paula Deans house seasoning. I left the sprouts open for an hour then wrapped tight in foil & left for 45 more minutes. The chicken & sprouts came out gerat, very few leftoves. Sorry, no money shot but they were nice & moist and very good, my son said the skin was like eating candy

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Tbak, those birds have a nice color and I bet they were tasty. Sometimes it is hard to get a money shot, but we like money shots.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
tbakko,

Great looking birds---perfect color!

Your son knows what the best part is !

Thanks for showing,

Bear

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Nice job!  Whole birds are so easy and so amazingly great!  I like the brussel sprouts idea, too!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now the birds look awesome and I would really like to see the sprouts I love those things. Maybe fried up with some bacon and the bacon grease too.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Man those birds turned out great. You can keep the brussel sprouts to yourself - I cant stand the dang things

Your son is right on the money with the skin

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.