First Brisket is on w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbakko

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Moses Lake, Washington
I started my 12.69 lb packer @ 0500 this morning, I am using birch, hickory & apple.The rub was my own concoction, which I did last night & wraped in plastic and put in the fridge. The meat has been on the smoker now for about 6 hrs & seems to be doing ok, I am trying to keep the temp between 220 & 250.

2539edb9_S5000450.jpg
c0145e49_S5000453.jpg

56ac00fd_S5000452.jpg

bdcdca78_S5000451.jpg

I am planning on wraping in foil @ abot 170 & take it up to about 200 then wrap in towels & into the cooler for an hour or so. Like I said, this is my first one, actually my first smoke of any kind, so all helpful hints or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Looks a whole lot better than the chilli dogs i'm fixing to eat.

icon_cool.gif

Now you have it all looking good from here. You will defiantly eating good in just a short time now. Dang it Bob(eman) I thought all you folks ate over there was gumbo, etouffee, boudin, and some little crawley things. Not hot dogs

You're just kidding about this being your first smoke, right?  That thing looks incredible.  Beautiful smoke ring.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

OK, your temp at 225*+- looks great. Your meat looks great, nice smoke ring, qview looks great, Now we need more 411 ! Rub, Smoker, Wood, How many beverages?

Looks great!  My first brisket sure didn't look like that.  Nice and moist looking.

OK, your temp at 225*+- looks great. Your meat looks great, nice smoke ring, qview looks great, Now we need more 411 ! Rub, Smoker, Wood, How many beverages?
This was what I mixed up for a rub
1/3 cup course black pepper
1/3 cup kosher salt

1/2 cup paprika
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons oregano

1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 teaspoon cayenne 

Home made smoker I bought for $65

Wood was mix of Birch, Hickory & Apple

Beverage of choice was coffee with Chambord

WHOA! that's pretty!  thanks for sharing your rub, and the delicious looking q-view. First Smoke Ever? wow. AND another Bellingham smoker - NWDAVE you've got company!!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky