• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First beef brisket

chrisjung2079

Joined Jun 15, 2016
I picked up a 2lb brisket at target the other day and smoked it today. I wrapped it at 160 then took my youngest to Walmart to grab a few things I missed last shopping trip. I end up home an hour later to find the internal temp of the meat was at 215 and I let it rest an hour wrapped in towels in the oven becUse I've ruined all of our coolers (I never dumped and dried them out lol). I end up slicing it and it was still moist, then I tasted it, it tasted like smoked roast beef is that normal?

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Yep. If a Fresh Brisket it tastes like Smoked Roast Beef. Compared to some Beef cuts like Round, I think Brisket has a Beefier flavor. Just curious, is it a Corned Beef Brisket? The meat would be very Pink even when well done and have a slight Hammy flavor...JJ

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Got any photo's?

Al

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
I think wrapping it may help add to the roast beefiness,as well as the size/time in the smoke.

chrisjung2079

Joined Jun 15, 2016
Thank you for the feedback! I think I'm just going to stick with pork. It's easier and tastier lol

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.