First batch of jerky in awhile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bspeech

Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
It's been awhile since I've done a batch of jerky and I'll be heading up to the lake for a few days so I figured it would be perfect to snack on while fishing.

Was short on time so I grabbed 4ish pounds of sliced top round from our local butcher. Went simple with this one doctoring up a High Mountain mix some. (Hunters was the base for this one) Below is the meat all seasoned up, 36 hours in the fridge and ready for the smoker.

IMG_5258.jpg

Into the smoker at 145 for an hour or so.
IMG_5262.jpg

I like to pull it from the smoker after an hour and finish it off in the dehydrator.

IMG_5264.jpg

Into the dehydrator for a few hours to finish up.
IMG_5265.jpg

All done. Now I just have to try not to eat it all on the ride up!
IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

The last thing I do with my batches is to use kitchen scissors and cut it into bite-sized pieces as I bag it.
I like taking a sandwich baggie on my delivery/recovery runs and and sip ice water from my 30 ounce vacuum cup.
Seems to last longer for me than having bigger pieces. ;)

The last thing I do with my batches is to use kitchen scissors and cut it into bite-sized pieces as I bag it.
I like taking a sandwich baggie on my delivery/recovery runs and and sip ice water from my 30 ounce vacuum cup.
Seems to last longer for me than having bigger pieces. ;)
The little pieces defiantly last longer! Especially if your passing it around to friends. I don’t know what is about the big pieces though, I just love tearing into them!

The little pieces defiantly last longer! Especially if your passing it around to friends. I don’t know what is about the big pieces though, I just love tearing into them!

Well, they are yours. So you can enjoy them any way you'd like. ;)

Looks like a fine batch of jerky. Nicely done.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky