First batch of holiday cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mriversinco

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Michigan
Since I finally got a smoker that can do some cold smoking and the amps I decided to do my first batch of holiday cheese.  Didn't want to over smoke it so I tried to keep it in for 2-3 hours but had some problems with the cherry pellets and keeping them going.  About the 3rd try they finally took so I hope I'm right on the time but totally guessed.  Did the following cheese:

Mild Cheddar

Sharp Cheddar

Coastal Aged Cheddar

Colby / Jack marble

Jarlsberg

Now comes the hard part and the wait.  Can't wait to see how it turned out and if I need to adjust times.

Pre smoke

Post smoke

vacuum bagged and ready to age

That looks great, can I smoke cheese in an MES 40" using the AMNPS pellets and tray?
You can smoke it better than a lot of folks. Don't turn on the MES mix apple and hickory pellets .

2 hrs smoke time for 4 oz blocks.  vac seal for 30 days and great smoked cheese.

That sounds great.  I should have the tray delivered by Wednesday.  Can't wait to try.  I don't have a vacuum sealer though, mine died a couple years ago and I never replaced it.

That's some good looking cheese. Happy Holidays to ya.

Also Smoker317 - You can do it without a vac pac it just wrap really tight in saran wrap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky