First batch of holiday cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mriversinco

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Michigan
Since I finally got a smoker that can do some cold smoking and the amps I decided to do my first batch of holiday cheese.  Didn't want to over smoke it so I tried to keep it in for 2-3 hours but had some problems with the cherry pellets and keeping them going.  About the 3rd try they finally took so I hope I'm right on the time but totally guessed.  Did the following cheese:

Mild Cheddar

Sharp Cheddar

Coastal Aged Cheddar

Colby / Jack marble

Jarlsberg

Now comes the hard part and the wait.  Can't wait to see how it turned out and if I need to adjust times.

Pre smoke

Post smoke

vacuum bagged and ready to age

That looks great, can I smoke cheese in an MES 40" using the AMNPS pellets and tray?
You can smoke it better than a lot of folks. Don't turn on the MES mix apple and hickory pellets .

2 hrs smoke time for 4 oz blocks.  vac seal for 30 days and great smoked cheese.

That sounds great.  I should have the tray delivered by Wednesday.  Can't wait to try.  I don't have a vacuum sealer though, mine died a couple years ago and I never replaced it.

That's some good looking cheese. Happy Holidays to ya.

Also Smoker317 - You can do it without a vac pac it just wrap really tight in saran wrap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky