• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First batch of holiday cheese

mriversinco

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 24, 2013
Since I finally got a smoker that can do some cold smoking and the amps I decided to do my first batch of holiday cheese.  Didn't want to over smoke it so I tried to keep it in for 2-3 hours but had some problems with the cherry pellets and keeping them going.  About the 3rd try they finally took so I hope I'm right on the time but totally guessed.  Did the following cheese:

Mild Cheddar

Sharp Cheddar

Coastal Aged Cheddar

Colby / Jack marble

Jarlsberg

Now comes the hard part and the wait.  Can't wait to see how it turned out and if I need to adjust times.

Pre smoke

Post smoke

vacuum bagged and ready to age

handymanstan

Smoking Fanatic
Group Lead
Joined Oct 27, 2012
Nice looking cheese.  I do love Cherry smoked cheese and think you will be very happy with it.  Please let us know how it turns out.

Stan

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Wow! You must be the most popular person at holiday time indeed! Good job!!! Cheers! - Leah

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009

That looks great, can I smoke cheese in an MES 40" using the AMNPS pellets and tray?
You can smoke it better than a lot of folks. Don't turn on the MES mix apple and hickory pellets .

2 hrs smoke time for 4 oz blocks.  vac seal for 30 days and great smoked cheese.

smoker317

Joined Nov 29, 2013
That sounds great.  I should have the tray delivered by Wednesday.  Can't wait to try.  I don't have a vacuum sealer though, mine died a couple years ago and I never replaced it.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
That's some good looking cheese. Happy Holidays to ya.

Also Smoker317 - You can do it without a vac pac it just wrap really tight in saran wrap.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.