First Attempt Boudin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Boudin looks tastey.........Did you add any rice

The butter floating on the water? Guessing it's the rice.

Yes sir never had bad boudin. Yours has all the right stuff. Wish I could get some fresh pork liver!

Tied each end of the casing, nice!

Who'da thought,  Boudin in Alpine Texas!

Nice looking, grats. Thanks for sharing.

Pork shoulder roast, deer liver. long grain white rice, and natural hog casings. Added a little extra cayenne for a little more kick.
usa.gif

I have been using the wifes kitchenaid to grind and stuff which is doing ok but I am sure that is why the product is getting "ground up" too much.
hit.gif

Got the wife on board to get a stuffer soon.
yahoo.gif

The butter floating on the water? Guessing it's the rice.

Yes sir never had bad boudin. Yours has all the right stuff. Wish I could get some fresh pork liver!

Tied each end of the casing, nice!

Who'da thought,  Boudin in Alpine Texas!

Nice looking, grats. Thanks for sharing.

I've seen some Boudin recipes not using the liver but chicken or rabbit breast....would this be considered legit in La. or is the liver a MUST

Sure anything is legit, its what poor folks ate, course we didn't know we was poor till some government person would tell us so.

BUT..... I believe that if there is no liver it would not be considered Boudin, the liver is the taste. Would kielbasa still be kielbasa without garlic? Andouille without pepper?

Without the Liver basically you are stuffing the casing with dirty rice and dirty rice is a whole other thingie. LOL

Sorry JVick I didn't mean to step on your thread.

J. Make sure your rice is cold before mixing. This will help with the mushy rice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky