• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First attempt at roast beef

saugeyejoe

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 24, 2010
After seeing all of the pictures of roast beef I had to give it a try.

My first attempt...........

3 Lbs. sirloin, seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.

Two hours at 230F, internal temp at 140, used hickory chips for smoke.  I was expecting this to take 4 to 6 hours based on other posts. I double checked the temp with two different thermometers and it was a solid 140.  I was hoping the outside would have been a little darker.

Then it snowed, again.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great job there Joe, good thing you got it done before the snow started. Looks like it will make some great sammies.

flbobecu

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
Very nice! I have mine planned for a Tuesday smoke - if all goes as planned. 

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Nice!!!......but where's my sammie...i've been looking,and i can't seem to find it!!!! LOL

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Nice job, if it taste right the blind man don't care what it looks like.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Even if the outside doesn't have as much bark as you wanted those are still going to make some awesome sandwiches.

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 25, 2009
Something else i will have to add to my basement to do list !! Looks good to me !

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
that looks very good, I want me a roast beef sammie

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.