Firing Up the Wok!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Having another gorgeous 76º afternoon here in paradise I decided it was time to set up the propane stove on a sawhorse table for some Asian stirfry.
DSCN2786.JPG

I had deboned seven chicken thighs and marinated them overnight in Yoshidas teriyaki sauce, chopped up some shrooms, asparagus, and brocolli
DSCN2787.JPG

First up was the veggies in the wok with some sesame oil
DSCN2788.JPG

Dumped the veggies into a bowl and then put in the marinated chicken with a little more teriyaki sauce
DSCN2789.JPG

When the yardbird got close I dropped the veggies in, everything went for a ride together
DSCN2791.JPG

Into the kitchen, cooked up just right
DSCN2792.JPG

Got out a couple of bowls and my chopsticks, it had been awhile
DSCN2793.JPG

Boy howdy was this ever delicious! With not going out to a restaurant due to the pandemic it was great to enjoy a flavor profile again that we truly love, we ate it all! After smoking a rack of ribs on the offset and some Canadian bacon on the Pro 100 this week a teriyaki stirfy dinner really hit the spot for a great change of pace. Thanks for lookin' in, stay safe and warm, winter will end one of these days! RAY

Attachments

• DSCN2790.JPG
    DSCN2790.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 15
Great looking stir fry! The weather looks great also.
Yup, we're having Chinese today, carry out, but still good.
Great post Ray, as always.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks delicious Ray! Been awhile since we had stir fry... might have to remedy that! Some nice looking weather you have also! Was just telling my wife, can't wait till the end of next week... gonna get back into the 20's, that'll be light jacket weather!

Ryan

It looks great , good work!

Thanks MCQ, wasn't much work, took five minutes! Thanks for the Like! RAY

It looks mighty tasty.

Thanks Rob, and thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Darn fine grub Ray! Like!

Thanks Steve! It was nice to finally cook something up that Jan actually liked to sit down to, and thank you for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it! RAY

Looks delicious ray. I'd tear it up

Thanks Jake, I tore it up myself, better than you get going out!

Looks great. Love teriyaki chicken thighs over jasmine rice.

Thanks Derek! I was thinking some rice, said nah, too hard with the chopsticks.

Great looking stir fry! The weather looks great also. Yup, we're having Chinese today, carry out, but still good. Great post Ray, as always.

Thanks Colin! We haven't gone out, carry out, or had delivery for a year now, perfect opportunity to sharpen up my culinary work. Thank you for the Like Colin, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks delicious Ray! Been awhile since we had stir fry... might have to remedy that! Some nice looking weather you have also! Was just telling my wife, can't wait till the end of next week... gonna get back into the 20's, that'll be light jacket weather! Ryan

Thanks Ryan! The 20's would have me dressed up in long johns with a ski parka, I hate the cold! Thanks you for the Like Ryan, I appreciate it! RAY

That looks great! But with the weather here in Oklahoma this week looks like all my cooking will be inside!

Thanks Raven! Looks like you're in the same boat as most of the rest of the country, which is why we moved to the dessert! RAY

That sure looks good! I have been thinking about some beef stir fry lately. I think you pushed me over the edge. PS ... Quit rubbing it in about the temps. That pool would be a skating rink here. LOL :emoji_laughing:

Broccoli beef is coming right up! I've got a big load of fillet steaks that I picked up at a great price, $6.75 a pound. I've tried grilling a few of them and almost no beef flavor comes thru, I'd rather have a ribeye or porterhouse. I'm figuring those steaks will be perfect for stirfry and cheesesteaks, going to run a few thru the grinder for burgers too. I got another three months before the pool will heat up for some dippin, then Bob and I will be in it a half dozen times a day for the next six months!

Last edited:
Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Great cook Ray!

Thanks Dave, man does not live by smoke alone! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Dang Ray that looks great man!

Thank you John! When we lived in CA I'd always use wok or peanut oil, preferred that over sesame. Just got back from Valentine's Day card shopping, two different markets, all they seem to carry in AZ is sesame, go figure. I'd go to the Asian market here but Jan would never let me back thru the door burning my clothes and a hazmat shower! Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Thanks JC! -11º would be colder that living in my garage freezer! I live in the cold vicariously thru TV, my favorite show is Life Below Zero. Thanks for the Like JC, I do appreciate it. RAY

Man Ray , Nice work . That's a great change of pace . My son did orange chicken last week . Hit the spot . Chop sticks ? I have a hard time tying my shoes .
Gonna have to get ya some rice wine . Lol.

Beautiful, beautiful meal Ray. That pic of it in the wok sitting on the cutting board just takes your breath away. Excellent work buddy!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky