Finish ribs in pressure cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

n3cw4rr10r

Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
Anyone try this? Smoke ribs for say 3 hrs and finish off in pressure cooker for say 15 mins? Maybe throw it back on smoker for 30 mins or oven to glaze it.

I do a pressure finish on most all of my pastrami, and I've smoked country (butt) ribs and pressure finished those for certain applications, like for making enchiladas. I've never done loin or belly ribs.

I do have a friend that starts seasoned ribs in a pressure cooker, he sort of rolls the racks in a circle and can do 3 or 4 racks at a time. After processing they are chilled for grilling later, or slightly cooled and grilled. They are actually not too bad,

Anyone have experience with the combined smoker/pressure cooker concepts? Cajun Express is one and seems closest to a traditional smoker. There's also a few conventional pressure cookers which have an extra hot filament in the center for a fews chips (until the ambient oxygen is depleted) that seem to come and go from the market.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky