Finding wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sacedbysapp

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Florida
Always found cut down oak or even split firewood on Craigslist 19 yes ago. Now there nothing out there. Any other places to look?

Yes.. where in Fl. are you ?? I have some Pecan for sale

Last edited:
Reactions: TNJAKE
I would try your local tree trimmers, I have bought oak from them before. They sell it really cheap or just give it to you so they don’t have to haul it to the dump.
Al

CL is dead. Like it or not, Facebook marketplace is the new CL.

Boy is that the truth!!!
Mrs Bear is cleaning house around here, and sold all kinds of stuff "Fast" on FB Marketplace, including my 40 year old Gravely tractor, with 50" mower deck & blower for $1700.
That place is "HOT" !!

As for wood, PA is easy, because there are orchards all over the place, and they trim their trees often---Apple, Peach, Pear, etc
And like Al said, check with "Tree Trimmers".

Bear

Reactions: zwiller
Boy is that the truth!!!
Mrs Bear is cleaning house around here, and sold all kinds of stuff "Fast" on FB Marketplace, including my 40 year old Gravely tractor, with 50" mower deck & blower for $1700.
That place is "HOT" !!

As for wood, PA is easy, because there are orchards all over the place, and they trim their trees often---Apple, Peach, Pear, etc

Bear
40 year old Gravely man I wish I wouldn’t have missed that. You don’t have any old Pennsylvania lawn tractors sitting around do ya?

Boy is that the truth!!!
That place is "HOT" !!

Bear
I'm with Peachey on the Gravely tractor!!

Sorry Guys,
She was gonna put it in @ $1500, hoping to get $1200, but I told her to put it in at $1900, and we got $1700. Sold on the first day.

Bear

DSC00794.jpeg

Damn Bear... That's a picture in a magazine (on the cover at that). Beautiful ...

We have a son in S. Williamsport that has a big collection of old mower/tractors like that.. He would of loved to have that... Wish we knew ...

I am loofor the holy grail of wood smoke! I’m looking to buy that pecan wood in bulk. I’m from the Michigan area but I can travel if your price is right and distance is not way on the west coast lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky