Finaly I got a Smoker, Baby!! The old grill is going to the storage in the shead.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realbigswede

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Hello all I just got a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker   40" and I have used it almost every day for 2 weeks. I love it. But with this baby WOW.

I'm a griller and smoker by heart. I have a BBQ grill that I have used for over 10 years a charcoal grill but I never got the right temp and often I over smoked the meat.

But I have still much to learn this week end I going to make some Standing Prime Rib and I'm so excited to do this for my wife and me.

WE got this from  QVC for $275.00 the price is normal $450.00 and we pay it in 6 month hehehe....

I have already made some heavenly good roast beef, Spare ribs, Pork tenderloin, Brisket and other stuff.

This Thanksgiving it will be Smoked Turkey. The first ever for me and the whole family. I have done different turkey each years last year was deep fry but this year SMOKED!! When I told them I was going to do that they all sounded excited.. "wow! something new again! Can't wait." They still love the deep fry best so far.

OH BTW my name is Roland and from Maryland and I'm a smoker and darn proved of it!

Last edited:
welcome1.gif
  , Roland!

When you make your prime rib, make sure you try Chef Jimmy J's Au Jus with it. You will never buy a mix again!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/125632/smoking-prime-rib

And be sure to stop by the Roll Call area, and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Happy Trails!

Mike

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! We have over 50,000 members now who just love to share what they know. You've come to the best place on the net to learn and share everything Q!!!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

We love to see pictures of what you are cooking (or what we call q-views here at SMF).  To "upload the q-views" just follow the directions here and it will be easier. If you are using a cell phone, an IPad or a kindle, go to the main SMF page and click the Mobile button. Will make the uploads a bit faster too.

If you didn't read the "SMF User Guidelines" .....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per TulsaJeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Welcome to the forums, Roland!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   .........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Roland, the more you cook the better you will get and comfortable with your smoker. Sure sounds like you are excited. About every other Christmas and Thanksgiving I do smoked turkey. There are a lot of ideas for that perfect turkey. I do brine mine and try to buy the best quality bird I can find. I tell you a funny story, about 3 years ago I went to our local grocery store to but a large baking hen to smoke. They had some fresh (not frozen really large hens, asked the guy in the meat department about them said he really didn't know they just got them in, but if their buyer liked them then he thought they would be good. So I bought one, got it home cleaned and washed it and put in the brine that night. Next morning fired up the smoker put my big bird on along with some ribs sausage and boudin, Everything cooking nicely looking good. Chicken came up to temp pulled it to let it rest and get the rest of the stuff ready. NOW  Did you ever see the movie With Chevy Chase Christmas when they took that beautiful turkey out of the oven and it went poof !!  and was so tough they were trying to pull it apart ? That was my Hen, normally when a bird is good and done you have to carful not to pull the leg bone out, Not mine it was like two people playing tug-a -war, It was so funny so tough could not eat it, (good thing I had smoked some other stuff. I did take it back to the store and they apologized and gave me my money back. Wish I would have filmed the whole thing. Anyway thought you might get a laugh or two.

Gary

Hi Roland,

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

Welcome aboard!

Love my smokers.

But my Weber grill sits nearby with a place of honor.

The grill actually gets used more often than the smoker.

Good luck and good smoking.

Hi Roland,

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill
Bill Pictures inserted... Happy?  
laugh1.gif

My grill gets used more than my smoker too.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky