Finaly got my slicer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike johnson, Mar 23, 2016.

1. mike johnson

mike johnson Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

I have been looking for a long time and I just scored. I have looking online and at auctions for a while and just won me this little beauty for just over $200.
    I can't wait to slice up bacon and all the yummy goodies I'm gona start making :grilling_smilie:

2. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Nice score mike................... I see it has the sharpener attachment with it...................[​IMG] cant wait to see it in action

3. mike johnson

Me niether. I pick it up today :) I cant wait for perfectly sliced bacon. I can now do some prosciutto and get those see through slices [​IMG]  

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice score!

Al

5. mowin

mowin Master of the Pit

Great price. Thumbs Up

6. hoity toit

hoity toit Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Good deal.

7. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good. When you get it also make sure that it has the blade removal tool as you will need this for cleaning it.

8. gearjammer

gearjammer Master of the Pit

Very nice, can't wait to see good things

well sliced.

Keep on smokin'                                  Ed

9. mike johnson

OMG my aching back. I had no idea it would weigh this much. I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow after lifting it to the counter.

They don't look this big from across the deli counter.
    It looks like it needs a real thorough cleaning on the inside too. Do any of you know what is recommended for this?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  10. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Yep..... they do weigh a lot. Yours looks similar to mine,  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/105689/my-new-slicer-updated-pics   I have a globe model 685. Just sliced some bacon and did a cleaning. I you tubed disassembley for my globe and found a video on how to use and clean and it says to use a mild detergent. I used a little dawn, water and a sponge then came back with just water and a sponge to rinse. You have to be extra extra careful not to touch that blade....[​IMG][​IMG]

I keep a large cardboard box over mine for a dust cover and it doesn't get moved

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  11. mike johnson

This is a Globe 725. Thanks for the cleaning info, the inside looks a bit greasy.

12. jaxrmrjmr

jaxrmrjmr Smoking Fanatic

My slicer (Hobart 2612) has been the most used piece of equipment I have besides my smoker.  You will enjoy it!