Finally some BB Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
So I bought some BB cure at Bass Pro and decided to give it a try

Not sure yet wheather I like BBB or Belly better

1f09b3a7_1st4HClass017.jpg

Here are some hand slices

7845741b_1st4HClass019.jpg

And here are the slicer pics

ef9c0bbf_1st4HClass020.jpg

Any time you show up

Looks great. I still havent tried this yet.

looks good there gary.........looks like a shakey hand there on the slicin'. might want to start with a stiffner first next time..........aka vodka on the rocks or neat if you prefer!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Not sure yet wheather I like BBB or Belly better  
go get some of your off-the-shelf bacon and fry it up as usual....

now fry your own and report back to me with the results.

I'll be here..

Last edited:
looks good there gary.........looks like a shakey hand there on the slicin'. might want to start with a stiffner first next time..........aka vodka on the rocks or neat if you prefer!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
We may end up with a thumb in the bacon if he does that!

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
LOL---Rob, Not everybody can be a Professional Ninja Assassin. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Hey scar,

That BBB looks outstanding. 

Not sure which you like the best?

Probably like we agree around here---BBB for eating with eggs & such, but belly Bacon for BLTs.

BBB is a bit chewy for BLTs, in our estimation.

Keep up the good work, and watch those finger tips,

Bear

LOL---Rob, Not everybody can be a Professional Ninja Assassin. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Hey scar,

That BBB looks outstanding. 

Not sure which you like the best?

Probably like we agree around here---BBB for eating with eggs & such, but belly Bacon for BLTs.

BBB is a bit chewy for BLTs, in our estimation.

Keep up the good work, and watch those finger tips,

Bear
Thats why next time I go to Phoenix I am spending a week. Slicing lessons and good food how does it get any better? Besides I wont have to wash my legs the entire week. Killer (his pit bull) keeps licking them every time I show up LOL

go get some of your off-the-shelf bacon and fry it up as usual....

now fry your own and report back to me with the results.

I'll be here..

I have not had off the shelf bacon for over a year. I usually cure bellies. This was a first run with BB and I really think I like bellies better.

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I always start and finish with "a little vodka" no more than 8oz at a time
icon_mrgreen.gif

It looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thats why next time I go to Phoenix I am spending a week. Slicing lessons and good food how does it get any better? Besides I wont have to wash my legs the entire week. Killer (his pit bull) keeps licking them every time I show up LOL

Just be careful, I heard that dog was a little "funny". 
eek.gif

Looks outstanding. I'm getting ready to start some of my own, only in the research stage at this point. How long did it cure? Did you use the Bass Pro BB cure straight or spice it up? What were the smoke details?

Thanks.

Used the BB straight out of the box and cured for 14 days as I was gone. I think it only needs 7-8. I smoked it for 6 hours using apple and maple with the AMS. no heat for 3 hours then 150 for 1hr then upped to 200 for 2 hrs - took it out at 165

Last edited:
i have been dropping my finished temps as of late and have been pleased with the results............also if you butterfly the butt you get more surface area for the smoke to penetrate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky