Finally joined up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

westby

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Winona, MN
I've been browsing the forums for about 6 months now and finally signed up to be a member.  With the infomation I have been able to find on this site, a buddy and I have been successful in making our own smoker and we are now attempting to fine tune our smoking skills.  We focus pretty much on pork and poultry in the summer time.  The fall and winter are mostly spent making jerky, hot sticks and summer sausage.  The pics below is what we spent doing this past weekend.  We made up a bunch of food for a friends birthday party on Saturday.  We had the smoker loaded with 9 racks of babybacks, 8 chicken quarters, a whole pork loin (came out of the package cut into four 5 inch chunks- wish it was whole), and 2 pans of baked beans kicked up with hot sausage, jalepeno, and a few other goodies.  Sorry - forgot the Qview after it was all done.  The other pic is of 75 lbs of sausage we prepped on Saturday and smoked on Sunday.  We always used 1 lb casings in the past but decided to try 50 lbs of it in 5 lb sticks this time around - that's why you see 2 different sizes in the smoker.  I'll throw a post up on the smoker builds section to provide some details behind our homemade smoker - but to describe it quickly - it was a computer server cabinet and we added a 2nd door to it to get access from both sides.  Outside dimensions are roughty 2 ft wide X 3 ft deep X 6.5 ft tall.

Saturday Smoke

0629896a_Closeupsmokerloaded.jpg

Sunday Sausage Smoke (sorry for the fuzzy pic)

165081bc_Sausage.jpg

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome  to SMF. I'm glad to see you desided to join formally. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too.  So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

GO GATORS  

Welcoeme to SMF - glad to have you here with us. That is a great looking smoker. Let us see more of it

Thanks everyone.  I put a post in the Other Builds forum on the details of our smoker.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky