FINALLY hit the shelves near me!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's not so much why you would eat this.... it's more like how would you eat this?

HEALTHIER? You ain't getting well trimmed, Low Fat, Breast Meat here! The Chicken in Bologna is Skin and Mechanically Separated Meat from Spent Layers. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_confounded:

Pumpkin Spice Bologna? Why would you do that to Poor Man's Filet Mignon!?!
Fried Bologna and Onions on a Crusty Roll, is one of my favorite Hot Sammies!...JJ
Okay, let's cut right to the bone.... do you like it fried in butter or bacon grease (or lard), and.... do you like mustard on that sandwich?

Gee, I wouldn't eat bologna in any manner, shape, or form there days, had enough for lunch when I was a kid. Pumpkin Spice? Disgusting, no way!

Oklahoma prime rib?? Bologna is ready to eat right out of the package, so you can't screw it up. No baloney here.... but smoked bologna is pretty good if you start with a good quality. Mustard slather, some BBQ rub and a little love is all it takes.
H1FKJCp.jpg

t5Nrhfa.jpg
And if you add some sauce.....
dD3Gp1o.jpg

Oklahoma prime rib?? Bologna is ready to eat right out of the package, so you can't screw it up. No baloney here.... but smoked bologna is pretty good if you start with a good quality. Mustard slather, some BBQ rub and a little love is all it takes.
View attachment 468595

View attachment 468596
And if you add some sauce.....
View attachment 468597

Nope, sorry thirdeye thirdeye , not me, never gonna happen. I always say, if someone handed you a turd and told it was a ice cream cone, would you eat it? Butts, lips, and whatever they can scrape off the floor, I don't eat store-bought hot dogs either, another of the many reasons I make my own sausage. RAY

Nope, sorry thirdeye thirdeye , not me, never gonna happen. I always say, if someone handed you a turd and told it was a ice cream cone, would you eat it? Butts, lips, and whatever they can scrape off the floor, I don't eat store-bought hot dogs either, another of the many reasons I make my own sausage. RAY
Heheheee, good one Ray. Well, there was a little good natured humor in my post, and I respect your culinary conviction. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: sawhorseray
Heheheee, good one Ray. Well, there was a little good natured humor in my post, and I respect your culinary conviction. :emoji_thumbsup:

I was a union carpenter for 34 years, started apprentice school when I was 17. Right down the hall a high school bud was taking class as a union apprentice to become a butcher. We both turned out went our separate ways, years later we ran into each other and had a few beers. That guy had been around at a few different facilities, he said he wouldn't eat a hot dog if he was starving. The man was no dope, and the stories he told was convincing enough for me, no hot dogs. RAY

Years ago my wife's sisters had to tour the local pork plant in high school and the whole family is basically kosher now. :emoji_laughing: So I understand concerns over bologna or hot dogs BUT I bet the "beef" at fast food joints is probably of similar quality. I draw the line at anything with mechanically separated chicken. No thanks. Around here we can get Amish all beef garlic bologna and it is the bomb. You can tell it is good stuff and not junk.

On a serious note, I bet pumpkin spice without all the caramel/sugar/vanilla could actually work well in bologna. Semi related now that TG is approaching is that a nice hit of chili powder is AWESOME on sweet potatoes.

I hate to be the square here, but is that pumpkin spice bologna real!? If so...my god man no way!

I never understood the pumpkin craze or got into it. Now if it was pumpkin spice scrapple, I would give that a shot.

• Wow
Reactions: Fueling Around
Bologna and hot dogs... same exact thing just in different shapes... and you'll NEVER find ether in my fridge ... not even to keep em cold for somebody else ..

One exception is Joe's (Boykjo) home made dogs... I still have a pack of seasoning from him for 5 lbs worth...

xray xray Not a real thing just a joke.

I don't care for pumpkin pie and a pecan pie guy. That said, I saw a recipe with Fireball in it and think that could be a winner. Pumpkin has it places in other stuff tho. My wife's pumpkin roll is the bomb. Pumpkin bread too. Pumpkin has a decent amount of protein and I bet it could be a great binder. Plain pumpkin has barely any flavor. Any flavor comes from the spices and the spices are not really that far off from german brats. It's the metric ton on sugar and vanilla that gives it a turn for the worse.

WOW. Didn't realize that many are not into bologna/dogs. Love them. I like extra earthworm in mine :emoji_laughing: Rememberthat? Just helped an ederly friend make a run for 10lbs of beef tongue. He was surprised I wasn't put off by it. I said something about beef heart and he lit up! Ate some walleye cheeks at the last fish fry and people almost fainted. They were insanely good and no BS!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky