Finally Got My Dream Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TheReluctantCraftstronaut

Original poster
Jan 3, 2019
My wife and I ended up moving to MO to be closer to family and raise our kids in a rural environment. It was a big move, but we are very grateful for all the opportunities and resources that fell in line to make the move happen. With that said, we wanted to celebrate this move in some way and we love to cook. We sold my Weber gas grill and MES gen 1 smoker to save money and space on the move. This past weekend, we replaced both with a Yoder 640s and got some accessories to go with it. We cooked up about 25 chicken thighs and sauced them up with bbq, garlic parmesan, and buffalo sauces after the smoke and sear. Added baked potatoes and cornbread on the side. Even my kids ate everything on their plates, which happens less than I would like to admit! We're having the whole family over this coming weekend to cook up some briskets too.

On somewhat related note, my sister's Old Spot gave birth to 6 piglets this past weekend which are an Old Spot/Berkshire cross. Really excited about that. The Old Spots are a "lard" breed of pig with much more sweet/buttery lard content and Berkshires are a "bacon" breed with good intramuscular fat. We're hoping we get to enjoy the best of both with these pigs!

Just wanted to share some excitement on my end in my smoking adventures.

20230506_175729.jpg
20230506_183509.jpg
20230506_193325.jpg
30376636021222.jpeg

Nice looking smoker, great looking chicken - and - Welcome to Central-God's Country!

I live in central Missouri. What part are you in?

Great looking cooker/cook! Congrats on the move. I'm just waiting on my son to grad HS so we can get a little more rural here in Mississippi.
Baby bacon is so cute!

Jim

Very nice! Thats a sweet a smoker! Congrats on the move and being next to kids

My wife and I ended up moving to MO to be closer to family and raise our kids in a rural environment. It was a big move, but we are very grateful for all the opportunities and resources that fell in line to make the move happen. With that said, we wanted to celebrate this move in some way and we love to cook. We sold my Weber gas grill and MES gen 1 smoker to save money and space on the move. This past weekend, we replaced both with a Yoder 640s and got some accessories to go with it. We cooked up about 25 chicken thighs and sauced them up with bbq, garlic parmesan, and buffalo sauces after the smoke and sear. Added baked potatoes and cornbread on the side. Even my kids ate everything on their plates, which happens less than I would like to admit! We're having the whole family over this coming weekend to cook up some briskets too.

On somewhat related note, my sister's Old Spot gave birth to 6 piglets this past weekend which are an Old Spot/Berkshire cross. Really excited about that. The Old Spots are a "lard" breed of pig with much more sweet/buttery lard content and Berkshires are a "bacon" breed with good intramuscular fat. We're hoping we get to enjoy the best of both with these pigs!

Just wanted to share some excitement on my end in my smoking adventures.

View attachment 665054View attachment 665055View attachment 665056View attachment 665057
Congratulations on the move and the new pit. As a fellow Yoder ys640 owner, I absolutely love it. Built like a tank, has great features and smokes/grills so well. I would strongly recommend you getting the front grease shield.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527_211042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527_211042_Chrome.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 18
Glad to hear from another MO boy. Your rural and that's a beautiful part of the state. Check out Table Rock lake some time. Has great fishing.
Thank you for the suggestion. I "had" to spend the day at Roaring River for work. Even though it was work, I felt spoiled being in such a beautiful area for the day.

Reactions: BC Buck
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky