Fillet Mignon and Scallops on the Blackstone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Morning SMF'ers. Did some surf and turf on the Blackstone last night.

Started of with a dose of Hardcore Carnivore Black on the steaks. It's delicious
IMG_20200616_184406.jpg

Next got the Blackstone fired up and layed down a bacon layer. Why? Because bacon
IMG_20200616_190340.jpg

Put the steaks on after the bacon finished. Somehow I missed the pic of that but oh well. After steaks were done and resting I put down some garlic butter on my bacon grease and threw on the scallops. They were seasoned with old Bay. Cooked them about 2min per side
IMG_20200616_193323.jpg

Smelled great.
IMG_20200616_194929~2.jpg

Here it is plated up. Steaks were a perfect med rare even though the pic doesn't show it well. Scallops were perfect. Wife made a pasta salad with cucumbers,tomatoes,kalamata olives, onion,bell pepper, pepperoni, parmesan and some kind of dressing. Was a perfect side for our meal. Sure was tasty

Wow. looks great so what is with that rub? Is there coffee in the mix?

Being in the mid-west I get scallops so infrequently. :emoji_rolling_eyes: :emoji_disappointed: I love scallops...

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: texomakid
Damn I could go for some of that! I’ll have to try some of my hardcore carnivore black on the griddle. Looks awesome!

Reactions: JC in GB
Looks really good Jake. It might take me a second to get used to the look of that black rub, but I bet it is most excellent.

Point for sure
Chris

That is just a beautiful piece of work Jake, huge Like! I've been doing all my shopping at Freezermart, I can only imagine what they are getting for fillet steaks lately. RAY

OMG!!!
That There is some Fine Looking Vittles!!
Being in TN, I'd take that plate in the house real quick-----
Before a Big Old Black Bear Grabs it & Runs Off With It !!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Another great looking surf and turf meal there Jake. Great job buddy. Keep 'em coming. I have to live vicariously through you and a few others where the surf part is concerned...but looking at that plate, it's not such a bad life :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky