Fillet Mignon and Scallops on the Blackstone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks really good Jake. It might take me a second to get used to the look of that black rub, but I bet it is most excellent.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. Was hard for me to get past the gunpowder appearance at first but after tasting I was hooked

That is just a beautiful piece of work Jake, huge Like! I've been doing all my shopping at Freezermart, I can only imagine what they are getting for fillet steaks lately. RAY
Thanks ray this was tenderloin from a couple I put in the freezer a few months back. Went to store today and surprised to see our beef prices dropped almost back to normal. 9.99 whole beef tenderloin. 3.99 brisket

Reactions: sawhorseray
OMG!!!
That There is some Fine Looking Vittles!!
Being in TN, I'd take that plate in the house real quick-----
Before a Big Old Black Bear Grabs it & Runs Off With It !!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks bear. We've been having black bear sightings in my area lately. Usually further east towards the smokey mtns. Guess they are migrating back this way after over hunted decades back

Another great looking surf and turf meal there Jake. Great job buddy. Keep 'em coming. I have to live vicariously through you and a few others where the surf part is concerned...but looking at that plate, it's not such a bad life :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert. Glad my wife likes surf lol

It looks so good but like @JC in GB I've never heard of the hard core carnivore? Is it coffee rub? You've got my curiosity....
Thanks Tex. No coffee but it's an amazingly tasty rub
IMG_20200617_144927.jpg
IMG_20200617_144954.jpg

Reactions: texomakid
Thanks ray this was tenderloin from a couple I put in the freezer a few months back. Went to store today and surprised to see our beef prices dropped almost back to normal. 9.99 whole beef tenderloin. 3.99 brisket

Wow, that's not too bad at all Jake. I scored seven pounds of 80-20 burger today for $2.97lb. We're all set and prepared for round two of the shutdowns, it's getting bad here. RAY

Thanks Tex. No coffee but it's an amazingly tasty rub

It's the activated charcoal that gives it the super dark color. I looked into a couple rubs similar not too long ago but couldn't get past the dark color. After seeing this, I may have to delve into it and give it a shot.

Robert

It's the activated charcoal that gives it the super dark color. I looked into a couple rubs similar not too long ago but couldn't get past the dark color. After seeing this, I may have to delve into it and give it a shot.

Robert
Correct. It's food grade activated charcoal made from coconut husks. Give it a try Robert. You'll be hooked. If I'm wrong I'll mail you a bottle of any rub you want

Everything looks incredible Jake! Perfectly cooked too.
Enjoy. That Rub looks interesting too.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky