Fillet cheesesteak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Processed a beef tenderloin roast I picked up on sale for $6.77 a pound. After I cut a half dozen thick fillet steaks I thin sliced the 3/4 pound tail end for a cheesesteak sanny
DSCN2357.JPG

Fired up the Blackstone and tossed on some red bell pepper and onions
DSCN2358.JPG

A minute later mixed in the meat and tossed it around.
DSCN2359.JPG

Things were cookin' fast, dumped on three thick slices of sharp cheddar and covered everything with a pan lid for the cheese to melt, everything goes onto a homemade bun.
DSCN2360.JPG

A little tater salad, and a couple squirts of mustard and a beer, ready to eat, tender as could be.
DSCN2361.JPG

Took all of about five minutes and made me happy! Thanks or lookin'. RAY

Looks great Ray! Filet Philly cheesesteaks, nice. I'm sure it was nice and tender. Excellent work!

Reactions: sawhorseray
That's a good looking sandwich ya made Ray! Tater salad looks good too. Bet that was nice and tender

Ryan

Outstanding meal Ray. Like!

Thank you Steve, it was a meal I could get used to having! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Nice looking Sammy there Sawhorseray.

Thanks Peach, I appreciate the comment, it was delicious! RAY

Looks good . That's a meal that's hard to beat .

Thanks Rich! I bought three of those roasts in the bag while on sale, best price I've seen in years. The tail end of the fillet roast is pretty much worthless as a steak, just another big bonus point for having the BS flattop out on the patio. Thanks for the Like Rich, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks Mighty Tasty, Ray!! I could handle two of those!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thanks Bear! That's 3/4 of a pound of meat there on a big homemade bun, two of then are going to be a challenge! Thank you for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great Ray! Filet Philly cheesesteaks, nice. I'm sure it was nice and tender. Excellent work!

Thanks Mike, you hit that right, it was tender as could be! Thanks for the Like Mike, much appreciated. RAY

Looks good. Cheesesteaks with tenderloin sounds like a great idea, along with a cold R2 to boot!

Thanks Bytor, we never run out of Rolling Rock around here, even if I have to get cans. RAY

That's a good looking sandwich ya made Ray! Tater salad looks good too. Bet that was nice and tender Ryan

Thank Ryan, it was fast, easy, and delicious! Thanks for the Like Ryan, I appreciate it. RAY

Looking really good there!

Thanks JCAP, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Oh boy, does that ever look good ! ! !

Thanks WR, I could have another for breakfast! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Thats got me drooling!!

Thanks Travis! My old lab used to drool like that, my springer Bob has better manners. RAY

Reactions: Sowsage
Ray , the prices are great here too . I have no freezer space left , so I go look and get something for the day . I trim it up , and use the trim to make sticks , or something like you did here . Get some good use out of it .

Ray , the prices are great here too . I have no freezer space left , so I go look and get something for the day . I trim it up , and use the trim to make sticks , or something like you did here . Get some good use out of it .

I'm pretty much in the same boat Rich. Today I'm grinding up a 12.5 brisket and a 8.8 pound butt to make my hipshot burgers. I still have a nice supply of them but the brisket is hogging up too much freezer space. Got another 8.5 pound butt that's thawed and slated for maple breakfast sausage. Once that's all vac-sealed and back in the freezer I'll know what kind of room I've got left to deal with. We're expecting a second wave of shutdowns and shortages and we're ready for it this time, it's not like toilet paper and kleenex will ever go bad. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
That’s a sanny fit for a King! Like for sure.

Thanks SE, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Great use for the trimmings Ray! The sandwich looks great! I love beef and sharp cheddar.

Thanks Jeff! I like cheddar or swiss with beef but just didn't think swiss was going to work for what I wanted to get done. Thank you for the Like Jeff, it's much appreciated. RAY

Thanks Chile, I've got the same craving myself, that sucker was good. I just put a brisket thru the grinder so I reckon I'll be having a burger instead, but close enough. It'll get done over the coals on the Weber so I can do some chicken Italian sausage for my wife at the same time, what a wonderful husband I am! Thanks for the Like Chile, I do appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky