Filet mignon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Firstly this isnt another enchilada post. Secondly I didnt get progress pics because I wasnt gonna post. After the outcome i couldn't resist. Marinated filets in soy, wooster, garlic, red pepper flakes. Grilled at around 400° for 5 min each side. IT was about 120°. Reverse sear until IT 130° let rest 5 min then plated. Turned out to be one of the best filets I've cooked.
20200127_192252.jpg

Dude thats a fine looking plate right there ! No tortillas???!! Lol. Just kidding! .....your marinade sounds perfect for a lean steak. Savory and a little kick from the pepper flakes. Pics prove your temps are right on key and to top it all off there is a baked potato. I love potato. I'm from rural ohio so I grew up on a meat and potatoes diet. And I still eat that way most the time. I know you didnt plan on posting but I'm glad you did. Looks fantastic! LIKE!

Reactions: negolien
Dude thats a fine looking plate right there ! No tortillas???!! Lol. Just kidding! .....your marinade sounds perfect for a lean steak. Savory and a little kick from the pepper flakes. Pics prove your temps are right on key and to top it all off there is a baked potato. I love potato. I'm from rural ohio so I grew up on a meat and potatoes diet. And I still eat that way most the time. I know you didnt plan on posting but I'm glad you did. Looks fantastic! LIKE!
Thanks bud. Anytime I do a filet, tri tip or ny strip I marinate to punch in some flavor. Ribeye is s&p only. And I agree baked taters are a staple.

Those look mighty good to me. Nice Job

Point for sure
Chris

That looks like a darn fine steak! Point! After 4 days in a hotel. I'm ready for some home cooking.

Firstly this isnt another enchilada post.

Are you sure there aren’t tortillas at the other end of the table Jake?

Nice little dig there, by both of you :emoji_wink: When you get down to brass tacks, there really isn't a whole heck of a lot of difference between a potato and a tortilla: they are both a "starch" component with your meal. Filet used to be a staple for us. We have a friend that was a manager for a restaurant supply company and we got cases of filets at wholesale prices. They were in our freezer at all times and our standard Sunday dinner. After some time here in the forum my taste buds grew up though and I realized that there were far more flavorful cuts that didn't carry the status symbol price tag that a filet does. When that last case was gone, I've not bought them since. Insofar as yours goes Jake, it looks to beautifully prepared and perfectly cooked. If somebody put a plate of that in front of me, I'd tear it up :emoji_laughing: Good job all around.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Fine looking plate Jake! Perfectly cooked in my book. But growing up as a farm kid in iowa loving meat and potatoes...have to say that spud looks like it's on steroids, looks huge, I love it.

Ryan

Yum. Filet mignon is my absolute bestest all time most favoritest cut. (Emphatic enough?)

I like filet but find the flavour just so so.
I prefer a perfect slice of prime rib. and my Fav is that slice of PR charred a bit on the outside by grilling/searing.
for steak, rib eye (with a lot of marble/fat) is my fav.

one thing I found tenderloin good for is for medallions, or stir fry.

Nice lookin steak and taters there Jake!

I could eat that 7 nights a week. Like Sowsage I grew up in Ohio and have been a meat and taters guy forever...but after moving to the west coast 20 years ago I have acquired a taste for all types of Mexican food and enchiladas are actually really good.

Like!

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky