Few cooks on new Blackstone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Heck I even forgot one...smoked some ham not long ago so threw a t bone in to smoke also...just one, wife was working an overnight

View attachment 525068

Can't remember for sure when I pulled it, thinking about 120 degrees, then seared on the Blackstone

View attachment 525069

No grill marks but sure was good!

Ryan

As my wife says...you can't taste those grill marks :emoji_laughing: .
But I can taste that fat melting in my mouth ! Man that looks great Ryan !!

Keith

Nice cooks on the griddle.
Mine got left at home for the winter due to shipping constraints.
Looking at the magic you perform with a 4 zone unit makes me second guess getting a 2 burner. The 2 burner actually does a great job for the wife and me.

I figured there was a story to go along with your slippers.
sounds like you missed the great winter storm. Next winter we are going to Ocala near lake Weir for 3 months. It's a house with a nice gas grill so I plan to bring my A-mazn pellet tray.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Well thanks for the shout out Ryan and glad you're enjoying the rubs!
But that's ENOUGH ! 😶
I just looked at one of those Friday morning at Ace and backed away.
But now.....based on those results....I see it following me home home in the near future 😆
Man and that tater ...WOW catman 🐭 everything looks great !

Keith
I bought the 4 burner Blackstone a month ago from Walmart with a hard top cover for $297.00 If you order online they have a version without the hard cover and it is still $297?? (probably due to free shipping)?

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Great cooks, I love mine. You tell your wife that your body is in perfect shape! Unfortunately mine chose round!
We must be on the same diet! I tell her that quite often...I'm in shape, round is a shape!
And thank you, I appreciate it!

Ryan

sounds like you missed the great winter storm. Next winter we are going to Ocala near lake Weir for 3 months. It's a house with a nice gas grill so I plan to bring my A-mazn pellet tray.
Missing (NOT) the deep freeze so common in northern MN.
I have the 12" and 6" tubes in a bucket of pellets.
Grills at the condo are POS charcoal pedestal units, and a hike. I got a Jumbo Joe to make it real multi use charcoal unit.

Thanks Jed! I'd let your wife be disciplined...act like a kid and just do it! Do you hear that...think your kids are cheering you on! :emoji_laughing:
Ryan
I think you’re right! But I’m trying to be good so when I road trip out to Oklahoma in spring to drop a bunch of money and pick up my Bell Fab offset trailer, I don’t come home with the Blackstone and all my stuff on the curb!

I think you’re right! But I’m trying to be good so when I road trip out to Oklahoma in spring to drop a bunch of money and pick up my Bell Fab offset trailer, I don’t come home with the Blackstone and all my stuff on the curb!
So a Blackstone isn't on her top of the lists for valentine's present for her? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

So a Blackstone isn't on her top of the lists for valentine's present for her? :emoji_blush:
Ryan
Haha, I think Homer Simpson tried that with a Bowling Ball and it didn’t go well! I’m digging your thinking though! I could argue it’d get more use than more jewelry!!!!!
1644512743231.gif

I’ve been looking at the blackstone stuff for awhile. I think it would be so cool to cook on one. Thanks for the pics. This may have been my tipping point….lol

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at the back stone stuff for awhile. I think it would be so cool to cook on one. Thanks for the pics. This may have been my tipping point….lol
I was on the fence for a long time as well, but glad we have one! We just love cooking on it! And some say there are enablers about...just trying to do my share! Lol

Ryan

Ryan,

Congrats on the rotator ride.
Like you, I have been on the fence about a griddle. I am just not sure I can justify it with SWMBO.
BTW, I see you got your grilling slippers on.

Stu

Ryan,

Congrats on the rotator ride.
Like you, I have been on the fence about a griddle. I am just not sure I can justify it with SWMBO.
BTW, I see you got your grilling slippers on.

Stu
Thanks Stu! We just about had a small 2 burner until my wife won this one. They are not too bad for price.
And that's my wife's feet in those slippers...she wasn't too impressed lol! But I said we see all kinds of feet in pictures!

Ryan

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I’ve been looking at the back stone stuff for awhile. I think it would be so cool to cook on one. Thanks for the pics. This may have been my tipping point….lol
Do it, you won't regret it. As with anything buy a bigger size than you think you might need.

Thanks Stu! We just about had a small 2 burner until my wife won this one. They are not too bad for price.
And that's my wife's feet in those slippers...she wasn't too impressed lol! But I said we see all kinds of feet in pictures!

Ryan

Regardless of whose feet are in those slippers, they look good and comfy.
Plus, I need a new pair of BBQ slippers. LOL!
(Don't try this at home, kids. We're trained professionals)

I just talked myself out of getting a Blackstone griddle! Wow now I’m rethinking my decision.
Great job on the cook and pics

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky