Fermented Vietnamese pork sausage. Nem Chua

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not heard from him yet. I did see where he uses cooked rice instead of pork skin.

Here is one of his pics. He is going to post the recipe on my FB page. I will post it here.
117656772_1633310400166383_8706937870882606798_n.jpg

I did some searching and found many styles of this recipe, some pork some beef. Most are close to the same.

Binh posted his recipe. See if you can follow better than i can.

We use the Nam Powder Seasoning. Ingredients are: Glucono Delta-Lactone (Acidity Regulator), Glucose, Dextrose, Salt, Sodium Tripolyphosphate (Emulsifier), Monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Erythorbate (Antioxidant), Sodium Nitrite (Preservative), Spices. We grind up very lean pork loin, 1 pound per seasoning package. Also a package of cooked pork skins. My wife adds about a tablespoon of sugar, some whole peppercorns, and a pinch of salt. She then blends it in the mixer until the meat begins to get spongy and then puts it in a baking pan lined with saran wrap. The mixture is put into this pan and sliced garlic and thai chili peppers are spread across the top. It is then wrapped tight and a heavy weight is placed on top to compress the meat while it cures and ferments. We leave it alone for about 3 days so that it completely cures and ferments. The flavors are sweet, sour, spicy, savory, with a firm texture. It keeps in the refrigerator after cutting up and wrapping. We add a Vietnamese coriander leaf in the package for color and flavor. If I could make the seasoning mix from scratch, I would but I have not been able to find the recipe for that yet.

Nam powder.
117889933_1635135853317171_2203968519331948762_n.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky