February Throwdown Voting.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Who's is the best?

• 1) Smoked Bacon Wrapped Venison Kabobs. Smoked Chili Lime Wings. Smoked Honey Habanero Wings. Smoked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2) SMOKED brisket, onion, cheese rolls with buttermilk ranch dip

• 3) Thai Chicken saute with peanuts sauce

• 4) VBTs: pickled pepperoncini stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in shaved cold smoked roasted venis

• 5) Deer heart marinated and smoke served with muenster and provolone cheese and crackers

• 6) Piece of blood sausage grilled on a slice of baguette, ,topped with a scallop grilled with some j

• 7)Smoked Buffalo wings and mini fatties with bbq blue cheese dipping sauce.

• 8) Bacon wrapped Jumbo Shrimp with Tropical Shrimp Dipping Sauce and Pina Colada

• 9) Stuffed Bacon Covered Cabbage

• 10) Indian Spiced Shrimp atopYogurt marinated Chicken Wings with Cilantro Mint Chutney

• 11) Smoked teriyaki chicken wings tossed in a sweet/hot Thai chili sauce with extra sauce for dippin

• 12) Pretzel bites stuffed with: Cherry Smoked Elk Loin Sharp White Cheddar Mild Blue Cheese Smoked A

• 13) Egg rolls stuffed with smoked pulled pork and a sweet and spicy slaw. Smoked chicken wings with

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
At the top of page of the throwdown each entry is listed with a description, there is a little circle to the left of each one. Click the circle of the one you want to vote on to put a dot in it, then scroll down a little and click vote now.

After you vote, when you go to the top of the  page a green check mark will show to the left of the one you voted for.

WOW, ya'll outdid yourselves.  I'm going to wait 'til Happy Hour, have a couple adult beverages, then do the double take and try to vote.  Ah heck, this is going to be tough, it may require a couple more of those beverages.

"Holy Smoke" how do you choose from all this without tasting. Great job folks, looks awesome, and good luck to you all."UP IN SMOKE"

You know guys and gals, I just find that your Originality, Appearance and Degree of difficullty, and presentation are just tooooooooooooooooo difficult to access online. They all look so unbelieveable !!! I give it all  " FIVE STARS " !!!  The real thingy however, would be a taste test at a humongeous get together, over a weekend getogether, and awards given as earned, and yes, there should be a charge to come, as someone has to pay for those ingreadients , and it should be shared amongst the smokers !

I would definately make an effort to drive from Canada.

Ed.

I wish we could taste them all.

How does the judging go exactly? We all vote then the judges vote, then what?

This is too fun!
There will be two opportunities for entries to obtain votes:
  • Event committee judging
  • SMF Voters Poll
Events committee judging is made up of three trusted members of SMF and their votes are based off three criteria:
  • ORIGINALITY = thinking outside of the box
  • APPEARANCE = overall presentation and appeal of the dish
  • DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY = technical difficulty involved in creation of dish
**The Events Coordinator is not eligible to vote in either the Judges' Poll or the SMF Voters Poll due to knowing the name of the contestants**

a. Each criteria has a potential of receiving a total of 10 points, resulting in 30 potential points per entry. The judges view these entries as the general public does, without knowing the name of the contestant to ensure unbiased decisions.

b. In the event of a tie amongst the Judges, a member of the Admin team will be asked to break the tie.

The SMF Voters Poll will be open for 7 days from the end of the TD entry period

a. If the number of entries exceed the number of available positions a poll can hold, a 2nd poll will be created to ensure each entry can be selected in a poll.

b. Each poll is eligible for one entry.

c. When the general poll ends, the winner from each poll will face off in a 3-day general public poll challenge to determine the overall winner. If there is a tie at the end of the 3-day challenge, the winner will be determined by the overall votes cast by the judges in their voting.

d. One contestant cannot be eligible to win both categories. In the event a contestant is proclaimed the winner of both categories the runner up in the SMF Voters Poll will be awarded with the win of the general public poll.

WOW what a throw-down we have here! It was a tough decision but my vote is in. Every entry looked so good, well prepared and presented. It tool me quite awhile to decide on just 1 entry. Best of luck to all the entrees. 

Now that it shows who made what I now my competition for next time!!
duel.gif

Great job everyone! I wish I could've tasted them all!

Moikel  - did you make the blood sausage? I would definitely order your appetizer plate!! You made an insane amount of tasty creative treats there. Was the octopus leg chewy? If not, that sounded amazing...I could probably eat 50 of those..

ChefJimmyJ - I bet those tasted phenomenal! If we all could have tasted the entries, I think those might have won.

Smokin PigSkins - I am definitely trying the cucumber slice next time with my smoked trout dip.

pjl-VBTs - The pickled pepperoncini's sounded fantastic and I'll have to try those for sure.

luv2eat - I love venison heart and I never thought of eating it that way. I have a couple hearts in my freezer and one will end up like yours. Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky