Favorite widely available bourbon or whiskey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings everyone,
I've recently started a small bourbon/whiskey/scotch collection and am shooting to add to it. So, what's your favorite bourbon/whiskey etc. under ~$50. Bonus points if it's widely available. This is my current meager collection:
Resized_20220106_142855.jpeg

Yea I haven't been able to find the Old Forester 100 around me but I've heard really good things about it. The 86 is not bad but it kinda reminds me of cough medicine a bit. I also tend to stay in the 30 range for most things.

My current favorite is Tullamore DEW, also a fan of Glenfidich 12. I'm fairly new to this whiskey thing. Last winter I was a fan of the George Dickel 11 year, but it's a little harsh at 100 proof after throat cancer, but I'll get back to it.

Well the timing of this thread is funny as I think I have just found what is among my least favorite bourbons. Colleague brought in Devil's River Coffee Bourbon which is bourbon infused with coffee, then sweetened with agave nectar.

Yuck.

I've always got some Woodford Reserve on the bourbon side (already recommended above), and Jameson among the Irish whiskeys. Those are the ones I keep coming back to.

Reactions: JCAP
I think I have just found what is among my least favorite bourbons. Colleague brought in Devil's River Coffee Bourbon which is bourbon infused with coffee,
Not sure if it was that brand or not , but I had a " Coffee Bourbon "
Yeah ,,,, not sure . Sipped on ice wasn't ,,,, bad ? I wanted to like it , but it was weird .

Not sure if it was that brand or not , but I had a " Coffee Bourbon "
Yeah ,,,, not sure . Sipped on ice wasn't ,,,, bad ? I wanted to like it , but it was weird .
The coffee I could tolerate if I was in the right mood, but the agave made it far too sweet.

Reactions: chopsaw
Greetings everyone,
I've recently started a small bourbon/whiskey/scotch collection and am shooting to add to it. So, what's your favorite bourbon/whiskey etc. under ~$50. Bonus points if it's widely available. This is my current meager collection:
View attachment 522066
Evan Williams Small Batch 1783

Greetings everyone,
View attachment 522066
Slow River Blend, Redemption High Rye Bourbon, 1783 Evan
image.jpg

Under $50 and widely available? Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark, Elijah Craig Small batch. Also like Rittenhouse Rye.
If you have a Costco near you, Master Distillers-1792 puts out a couple under the Kirkland Signature label that're really good. It's about $40 for 1 liter in WA, probably cheaper elsewhere.

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
Tin Cup is excellent,
Buffalo Trace ( Older than the US).
Bulleit has been a standard over the holidays.

I have to put a plug in for a bottle of Templeton Rye. It was Al Capone favorite, they found the recipe after it’d been lost a while ago and we’re doing small batch, went national a few years back.I love the flavor!
712CB394-0C46-4273-A55F-3C5BA449E034.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky