Fatty Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
Couldn't resist, had to try a pizza made with a fatty. We always look for quick things to fix for the evening meal since Jane works all day and I fish ;) Chopped a fatty, JD regular, pecan smoked. Made the crust with a Martha White (79 cents) pizza crust mix, just add hot water and stir. Spread it on a pan and coat with canned spaghetti sauce with mushrooms. Sprinkle with chopped fatty then with as much of your favorite cheese as you like. Used shredded cheddar and colby jack. There are a jillion other things you could put on, these are what we had on hand at the time the urge to do it struck, and, like I said, looking for something quick.
This turned out really good. The smoke adds that extra dimension. Will make this again and plan ahead to have other ingredients. For a quicky it was good!
Add a salad and a nice local white wine............. MM MMMM MMMMMMMM!
c986c564_vbattach12102.jpg

8d3d79ee_vbattach12101.jpg

843e5b4e_vbattach12100.jpg

9f3f1d74_vbattach12099.jpg

a5e54928_vbattach12098.jpg

Just the fatty. I smoked a bunch a few days ago, been experimenting with them. "Fatty's, They're not just for breakfast anymore"

Now a smoked whole pizza sounds really interesting. Would just fit on the ECB too, I think. Hmmmmmmmmm...............................
"Outside the box" thinking, I like it!
If you try it be sure to let me know how it works. If I go for it I will do the same.

Mike -

I think we'd have to make small12" pizzas to get any smoke on the top in our ECBs but on a pizza screen even the bottom would be smoky flavored.

I'm think low heat with smoke about 30 minutes or less and high heat for another 10 or so.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks great. You could always used smoked cheese or grill the pizza to get more of a smoke taste to it.

I've done a pizza in my BGE with nothing other than regular lump charcoal going, and it added a great taste dynamic.

A screen would probably be the ticket. And you are right, 12" is about the max. on the ECB. I'm leaning toward a larger smoker in the near future, looking at the options. Might have the ECB bronzed.
Naaaaahhhhhhhhh. Couldn't do that, it keeps going.

The smoked cheese is a good idea. I always have some on hand. Would certainly add smoky flavor.

Sounds like a fine idea. I have made BBQ pizza with leftover pulled pork, using BBQ sauce instead of tomato or marinara, along with a 4 cheese mexican blend. Yummy!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

FATTY on a pizza sounds great !! we had the FATTY i did on sunday last night with spagettie mmmmmm ..... My wife say`s she like the fatty ,,, I can`t find the JD type ....been looking, even sam`s club don`t have them ??? go figure
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif
.... i`ve been using the JAMESTOWN mild , has a good flavor ! I want to try the Jimmy Dean that every body raves about !!!!
icon_sad.gif
O well guese i gotta keep on looking
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey Mike, pizza looks great, you really went all Martha Stewart on us with your presentation there!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
Looks good. I like your piggy plate too!

yea the fatty on a pizza sounds great - will have to try it.

And if you are in the part of the country that sells it I reccommend Bob Evans Sausage. It is MUCH better the Jimmy Dean... MUCH MUCH Better

I love chopping up a fatty and sprinkling it over pizza. Even the el-cheapo Party Pizza's are given fresh life with some chopped fatty and a sprinkling of decent cheese on top.

Wow!! that's a great idea. I've never tried that but we will. My family and I love making homemade pizza............it's usally about 3 inches thick..........now I'll make it thicker with a nice plump fatty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky