Fatty loaf?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
I decided to make a smoked meatloaf for supper. I used JD Hot sausage for the meat. Put a diced up red bell pepper in it, along with an egg, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce. Put it in a throw-away loaf pan, with holes poked in the bottom of it. It is in the smoker now, with mesquite smoke hitting it. Qview to follow! Also going to make mashed potatoes to go with it, and green beans.

Got the potatoes boiling. When they are ready I will mash them with a bit of milk, butter, and black pepper. Fattyloaf smells so good! My daughter and my oldest son can't wait to try it. He is spending the night, as well as his GF.

Its done! Here is the Qview:

7af83f8c_Whole.jpg
0cfc35ef_Sliced1.jpg
edd94e82_Sliced2.jpg

Smoke ring wasn't as big as I hoped, but I did have it in a loaf pan. Next time I will lay the sides out flat on the pan. Those pans are 3 for $1 where I get them at.

Looks-Great.gif
  Nice job Chris bet it was good

It was good! A little spicy. Fine to me, but too hot for the daughter. Guess I won't be buying the "hot" anymore.

Looks good....will have to make 2 next time....1 hot, 1 not. Me likes the hot....GF not. Sooooo, whatcha gonna do. I made deviled eggs a week ago for her Mom's birthday gathering as an appetizer. Used some Chipotle peppers mixed in the goo.....nobody touched them but me...lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky