• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fatties 3 Ways

maloff28

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2011
Last weekend I had a pot luck to go to and was looking for ideas.  Jeff's news letter came out at an opportune time.  He provided a recipe for "bite size" fatties and had plenty of different fillings to choose from.  I was just about to go down that route... when I said to myself... bite size?  No weave???  No way.  So... here they come.

The weave.

Pulled Pork with a little bit of pineapple. Could have left that out to be honest, but I thought it was worth a try.

Caramelized onion and blue cheese.

Jalapeño, cream cheese and cheese.

I made four with the intention of keeping one for later, but the folks woofed them all down so I had to run home and bring back the fourth.

ajbert

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 1, 2013
Looks fantastic!  Your bacon weaves are amazing!

I'll be trying the bite size ones tomorrow as I still have trouble trying to tie my shoes now and then and know I'm not even close to doing a bacon weave.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Terrific looking fatties. I am impressed!

Disco

maloff28

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2011
Looks fantastic!  Your bacon weaves are amazing!

I'll be trying the bite size ones tomorrow as I still have trouble trying to tie my shoes now and then and know I'm not even close to doing a bacon weave.

Thank you. You are too funny. Everything I learned I learned on this site! Great people, incredible knowledge and an amazing willingness to share and help.

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
I'll bet that caramelized onion and blue cheese was really good. They all look delicious!

maloff28

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2011

I'll bet that caramelized onion and blue cheese was really good. They all look delicious!
Thank you woodcutter.  It is one of my favorites.  Onions cooked low and slow w a little balsamic so they are soft and sweet...  However, this is the first time I tried the jalapeño and cream cheese and boy was that ever good too.  The jalapeño and cheese filling did overpower the smoke flavor a bit though.

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012

Thank you woodcutter.  It is one of my favorites.  Onions cooked low and slow w a little balsamic so they are soft and sweet...  However, this is the first time I tried the jalapeño and cream cheese and boy was that ever good too.  The jalapeño and cheese filling did overpower the smoke flavor a bit though.
That combo makes a great homemade pizza.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Some great ideas for fillings. Thanks!

Disco

jp61

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 6, 2011
 Nice work! Your fatties look great!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.