Fatties: 1 success, 1 fail

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keithu

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 17, 2017
Oregon
The fam was coming over today for Xmas tree hunting, so we put a couple fatties on the smoker:

Bacon wrapped scotch egg fatty
Chili dog fatty

Unfortunately we put these together last night after a couple of martinis and weren't careful enough with assembly, especially on the chili dog fatty. Notice the exposed cheese and loose roll:

EfCCvBf.jpg

After a couple hours on the smoker you can see the chili dog fatty coming apart, cheese dripping out.

2HzSNOB.jpg

The scotch egg fatty was delicious with some spicy mustard. The kids didn't care how it looked, they all liked the chili dog fatty, mainly thanks to my wife's delicious homemade chili. So not a total failure, but now I have a bunch of cheese and chili to clean out of the bottom of the smoker. Ho-hum.

6LlbJkL.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky