Fattie Tutorial

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If this contest was anywhere near me I would love to do a bacon wrapped bratwurst, stuffed with sauerkraut, Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese served with some spicy mustard.
Ever tried Rolph's on Third Ave and E 22nd Street in NYC? Back in the day that was The German place to go!

Last edited:
Ever tried Rolph's on Third Ave and E 22nd Street in NYC? Back in the day that was The German place to go!
No, never been there, current reviews of the place are not so hot, still may check it out. Most of the ones on Long Island are not that good. Need to try Zum Stammtisch in Queens though. We mostly go to nurnberger bierhaus in lake ariel, PA when are at the PA house.

If this contest was anywhere near me I would love to do a bacon wrapped bratwurst, stuffed with sauerkraut, Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese served with some spicy mustard.
Sounds like a great idea for an October fest fattie!

Reactions: clifish
No, never been there, current reviews of the place are not so hot, still may check it out. Most of the ones on Long Island are not that good. Need to try Zum Stammtisch in Queens though. We mostly go to nurnberger bierhaus in lake ariel, PA when are at the PA house.
I don't trust online reviews much anymore - half the kids today were raised believing Chef Boyardee is "real Italian food."

They had some killer pork chops, they know that a brautwurst is all pork and their Wiener Schnitzel was fantastic. I had Wiener Schnitzel there with some kind of mushroom sauce it was awesome.

It was years ago so things may have changed but I would not be afraid to walk in the door if I was back home again.

And man do I miss fishing the south shore and Captree.

I don't trust online reviews much anymore - half the kids today were raised believing Chef Boyardee is "real Italian food."

They had some killer pork chops, they know that a brautwurst is all pork and their Wiener Schnitzel was fantastic. I had Wiener Schnitzel there with some kind of mushroom sauce it was awesome.

It was years ago so things may have changed but I would not be afraid to walk in the door if I was back home again.

And man do I miss fishing the south shore and Captree.
I have made that gravy it is called German hunters gravy....speaking of fishing, I am going on a private charter tomorrow out in Montauk. They are getting huge fluke and stripers now.

Reactions: Retired Spook
I have made that gravy it is called German hunters gravy....speaking of fishing, I am going on a private charter tomorrow out in Montauk. They are getting huge fluke and stripers now.
Fished many days in the surf at Montauk, the False Point (stripers and blues) and Shinnecock Bay (weakfish). I miss it very much. No place in the Country, including Hawaii, comes anywhere close to the inshore fishing around south and eastern Long Island.

Catch an 8-lb Fluke for me! :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: clifish
Hey clifish, I grew up in Waymart, Pa. Same school district as Lake Ariel. Small world.

Good place to go and relax, not much else. I live in Houston now maybe I will retire there to be closer to family. I do miss the fall foliage but not the winters.

OP thanks for the post. I have made some fatties but have not fired up the smoker in a while. Came here looking for inspiration. Putting pizza fattie on the list, thanks.
John

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Hey clifish, I grew up in Waymart, Pa. Same school district as Lake Ariel. Small world.

Good place to go and relax, not much else. I live in Houston now maybe I will retire there to be closer to family. I do miss the fall foliage but not the winters.

OP thanks for the post. I have made some fatties but have not fired up the smoker in a while. Came here looking for inspiration. Putting pizza fattie on the list, thanks.
John
yeah we have a house in Masthope (Lackawaxen) Don't think I could retire there as nearest hospital is 45 minutes away @ Wayne Memorial. I found that out the hard way last month when it took 40 minutes for the ambulance to get to me and another 45 minute ride to wayne.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky