Father's Day....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...is coming up this weekend. What's your plans? It's not like I need an excuse to cook, but I'm thinking about St. Louis ribs.
By the way, we need pictures...:emoji_wink:

Reactions: JLeonard
I'll be smoking 4 racks of babybacks, 10lbs of wings, a big pan of queso dip and some hot dog burnt ends. We'll also have my wife's coleslaw and I'm doing a double batch of corn soufflé. Going to put a couple strombolis in the pizza oven, too. No one should leave here hungry! :emoji_smile: My 3 daughters and new grandson are coming over, along with my oldest daughter's in-laws and my best friend and his wife. Hoping the weather cooperates. It's my son-in law's first Father's Day and my first as a Grandpa and I'm going big!

my wife’s birthday was last weekend and we had some friends over. I did six racks of St. Louis the three packs from Costco and 4lbs of boneless beef short ribs. I gave my very elderly neighbor and wife a rack and had two left over. Vacuum sealed them and into the freezer, first time over done that. I might be having ribs without any of the work. If we go out to eat, it’s always the day before to avoid long waits. Good luck to everyone that is going to smoke.

Haven’t decided yet, might have the neighbors down for ribs, beans, & cole slaw, maybe potato salad.
Al

Still undecided here, but I'm leaning towards finger foods. Pork shots, moinks, maybe sliders.

Chris

Haven't made any plans. Who knows what the weather will be a week from now and as far as I know no one's coming over.
I'm wanting to try those "cupcake thighs" zippy12 posted about a few days ago....

Reactions: mcokevin
Zippy...ill be at a guys retreat (no wives, kids or dogs allowed): aka drunk fest with college bros from WAY BACK when we were young. BUT I am bringing 2 racks of babay backs and a few pounds of brisket - these are already smoked, vac'ed and frozen. easy.

Don't have a clue. The wife and daughters are trying to plan something, I'm staying out of it. I will just go with the flow.
But I do have a nice 9 lb brisket flat that needs cooked.

Reactions: JLeonard
I hope to NOT be cooking this weekend. I love doing it, but between four of five smokes to break in in my new smoker and getting the hang of it before smokes for Mother's Day, Memorial Day, and Son's birthday party that I wanted to all go well -- I am smoked out for a bit.

I hope to be having a beer in the pool and not much else.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky