Fathers Day Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrsully77

Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
After successfully smoking a chicken last weekend my brother-in-law and myself are going to do the All Night Brisket Smoke this Saturday. My question is what type of toppings can you put on Brisket without losing the smoky meat flavor. Let me know what toppings and, if any, condiments are good to use. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll post pics of the brisket after itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s done.

If you haven't bought jeff's rub and sauce yet you should. The rub is supposed to be great on brisket also. I have yet to do a brisket, but plan on it in a few weeks. I have seen everything from elaborate rubs to simple salt and pepper.
Just do some snooping around in the forums and you will find the answers. You have found the wright place for help at SMF.

good luck

What I mostly want to know is what to put on it after it is done smoking. I was planning on doing brisket sandwiches. What's good on a brisket sandwich...pickels, onions...etc?

Pickle slices, onion, mustard and 'Q sauce. Thats about all a good brisket needs. You might want to keep a few slices of cheddar cheese nearby. My local joint serves up individual slces of cheese, and it complements their brisket very well. Not to put on the sandwich itself, just to have it to nibble on on the side.

i just did 2 briskets this past weekend, and i used jeff's rib rub and sauce on them. i used the sauce served on the side. they were excellent.

Hi,

I'm trying to smoke a chicken, but have never done it before. Can anyone tell me of a good injection or marinade I can use? I'm used to smoking ribs but have never tried poultry.
Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky