Fart fodder, or, pickled eggs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Haven't made some pickled eggs in a bit. And the wife boiled up 18 for me to make a batch. Not sure why. She hates even the smell of them. In a few different ways!
18 egggs
2 tbs pickling spice
2 tbs minced dried onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp habanero powder
1 quart Asian hot pepper infused vinegar
1 quart water.
Put eggs in jar.
Bring other ingredients to boil in a non-reactive pot.
Add to eggs. And vac seal.

P5100837.jpg

Those look great steve! Mix a few of those and a few beers and watch out! Could be an explosive combo! Lol!

Damn Steve, that sounds like a nice concoction. Don't have any Asian hot peppers though, darn. . .

They sound like they will have a great taste, Ill try this method. Being doing alot of the Amish Egg method and the family love them.
Home brew + Pickled eggs = Run for the hills when I get going :emoji_laughing: Even the dog moves haha

They sound like they will have a great taste, Ill try this method. Being doing alot of the Amish Egg method and the family love them.
Home brew + Pickled eggs = Run for the hills when I get going :emoji_laughing: Even the dog moves haha
Haha! Though nothing comes close to the ones our dog lets loose!

Had a couple yesterday. And they were fantastic! The spiced vinegar really set them off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky